Page 2 of 2

Re: re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installat

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:02 pm
by Duke
stickman-393 wrote:.....And of course, if I don't add sound samples someone is going to ask for them....


It's true....... you ARE psychic!

VERY nice mod there Stickman! The piezo is amazingly brighter than the mags. I really like the sound. Great job!

re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:16 pm
by bjt
I like the way it looks and I really like the sounds of it. Makes me want a Holdsworth more and more.

re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:41 pm
by Duke
The HF2S is available with the piezo and 13 pin now.
It's listed in the "Solid" body section and not the "Piezo" section.

re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:54 pm
by Prevention
The title was a little deceptive lol. :lol:

re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:11 pm
by threez
Great Post!
I played an HF2 a while back and wsa surprised how much I liked everything about it. I generally don't like fat necks but the HF2 neck felt great and the sound was very aggressive but clear when played with an over driven sound.

re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:33 pm
by DickMotorman
clean work, good job, man!

Re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:11 pm
by stickman-393
It seems poetic to resurrect a thread about "haunting" but I just wanted to let readers know that I've gone through my posts in this thread and fixed the image and mp3 links that have been broken for the last couple of years. Hope this is helpful. Sorry for the delay.
- Colin

Re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:36 am
by UnexplodedCow
Definitely some irony involved with necro-ing your own thread about haunting.

Do you still have the guitar? Still a primary choice?

Re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:53 pm
by stickman-393
UnexplodedCow wrote:Do you still have the guitar? Still a primary choice?


Hi UXC, yes I still have the guitar. I can't call it a primary choice, but it fills a very important niche for me and I have no plans to sell the HF2. It comes out when needed :-). Currently it is wearing heavier-than-usual gauge strings and is tuned to DADGAD.

Re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:21 pm
by Omsong
stickman-393 wrote:
UnexplodedCow wrote:Do you still have the guitar? Still a primary choice?


Hi UXC, yes I still have the guitar. I can't call it a primary choice, but it fills a very important niche for me and I have no plans to sell the HF2. It comes out when needed :-). Currently it is wearing heavier-than-usual gauge strings and is tuned to DADGAD.


I recall your posts regarding the Fatboy years ago; they were a factor in turning me on to them. I'm wondering what guitar is now your main baby?

Re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:54 pm
by stickman-393
Omsong wrote:I recall your posts regarding the Fatboy years ago; they were a factor in turning me on to them. I'm wondering what guitar is now your main baby?


Since you asked... it varies. About 6 years ago I caught the Telecaster bug: snagged a standard butterscotch from Sweetwater and found it incredibly versatile. Used it on everything for a while... very inspirational. I can't really explain it, but I don't seem to be alone - many guitarists go through this phase and some never leave it.

My other "main" guitar is an Ibanez 540s which I have owned since purchasing it new in 1989. It just seems to get better with age...

You can see and hear both of them in action in this little clip.

I do still enjoy having the Carvins, and they still do get played :-)

Re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:21 pm
by Omsong
stickman-393 wrote:Since you asked... it varies. About 6 years ago I caught the Telecaster bug: snagged a standard butterscotch from Sweetwater and found it incredibly versatile. Used it on everything for a while... very inspirational. I can't really explain it, but I don't seem to be alone - many guitarists go through this phase and some never leave it.

My other "main" guitar is an Ibanez 540s which I have owned since purchasing it new in 1989. It just seems to get better with age...

You can see and hear both of them in action in this little clip.

I do still enjoy having the Carvins, and they still do get played :-)


I hear you, did the same awhile back. Sold my Carvin and went through another Strat phase then bought a Tele. :) Now, I'm pretty happy with my humbucker Fatboy - until I pick up nearly any single coil, that is. I am simply addicted to single coil tones. Been contemplating getting a Zeus with a SSS option 50. Kiesel's Johnny Hiland model sounds awesome, too. Played one in the Showroom and it was really hard to hang it back on the wall and walk out. Absolutely killer single coil tones to die for... :D

Re: Haunting the Fat Lady (Graphtech-GHOST/HF2 installation)

Posted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 pm
by stickman-393
Hi folks... you can hear the Fat Lady (Carvin HF3 w' Piezo) featured in this video I posted to the other forum:

http://www.kieselguitarsbbs.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=51802#p665886

regards to all,
- Colin