First Warmouth Build - Comments?

Advice and tips on building a Carvin Guitars kit.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

CruzinLow

First Warmouth Build - Comments?

Postby CruzinLow » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 am

Roasted Swamp Ash body in May Kay White Gloss
Unfinished Roasted Maple Modern/Vintage neck w/ Indian Rosewood fretboard, medium jumbo frets, white TUSQ nut & White Pearloid Sharkfins
All chrome hardware
Hipshot Modern Tele bridge & staggered locking tuners
No switch - 2 volume knobs & 1 tone knob
10K Tele Bridge pickup w/ reverse-wound 9K Strat neck pickup (w/ chrome trim ring not shown)
guitar 3.jpg
$1,110 delivered
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: First Warmouth Build - Comments?

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:25 am

Could be cool. have you had that control scheme before? I feel like I would rather do a master volume and a blend. If you want to switch from one pickup to the other, you'd have to turn two knobs all the way before you'd be to just the other pickup. :think:

camperband
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby camperband » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 pm

I had my mind set on a warmoth build. But after pricing out the build, I went to Kiesel hands down. The neck fit, the fretwork... with Kiesel it's a sure bet. Granted, they don't offer unique body shapes like the one you're planning to build. But I still think the Kiesel kits are an unbeatable value hands down. Just my 2cents.

Having said that... those roasted maple necks from warmoth are so sweet looking! Your build is gonna look amazing.

Original Cowbell!

Postby Original Cowbell! » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 am

Be sure to make sure your bridge spacing and nut width geometry match up properly or you may have problems. Strings may not sit across the neck where you want them. (too close to edge or too far)

kdawg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kdawg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Love that body with the Mary Kay White finish. The sharkfins are not my style, but hey, it's not my guitar! I pretty much like the standard Fender headstocks on anything, and your guitar is no exception. I had a Warmoth bass (Fender Jazz style) a while back and it was absolutely killer. Good luck with the build.

Return to Builder's Forum