Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby kmd09 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:05 am

Here's my updated board with my current preferred pedals. It's taken awhile to put together and will most likely change some more. There are a couple of overdrive/distortion pedals I would like to try and may swap out but am pretty happy with this set-up. I didn't realize until I saw this picture that with what I've got invested in it, I'm getting into an Axe FX II guitar processor territory. I tend to like things neat and orderly and like the idea of one processor to cover all my effects needs.
AC375 DEEP RED ON FLAME
V49K DEEP NIGHTBURST ON FLAME
CT624M DEEP AQUABURST ON FLAME
CS624S DEEP PURPLE ON QUILT
SH575 DEEP ORANGEBURST ON FLAME
'79 CM130
PRS SE245
X100B
V3 1/2 STACK
AG100D
BX700, BRX10.2, BRX15.3
FENDER STRAT, TACOMA DM-18, TRAYNOR YGL3-100 MKIII, YAMAHA G1OO-212

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

re: Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby Casual Madman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:05 am

"Pedalboard" vintage 1979: Small Stone phase shifter and LPB-1 power booster by Electro Harmonix, plus Cry Baby wah (the wah is an early 2000s replacement, lost the original--same model, though).

A fine little setup that covers a wealth of sonic territory--and all still working just dandy.

emux2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby emux2 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:55 am

My latest

amispy
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby amispy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:27 am

Pedal board I use for bass. I run one signal path for all the analog pedals, a second signal path for the digital multi-fx, and blend both signals together.

I think I'm gonna buy a pedal train so I can hide the wires and stop getting splinters. :-)
'86 DC200, '87 V220T, '90 LB75, '96 AE185, '05 C750T, '07 V220M, '14 V59K, '14 DC7X x2, '15 PB5, '17 A6H, '17 AB5, '17 V59K, '17 KV6X, '18 JH6, '18 A6H

andy.rau
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby andy.rau » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:37 am

Here's what I've got. I run the top three in the effects loop. The blue guy is a real nice OD that works even better as a boost to push my amp's tubes further into overdrive for the heavy stuff. Real simple and sounds great. I've been meaning to build a board to clean all the wires up for awhile. Might be a good project over the holiday. Happy holidays by the way!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: re: Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby kmd09 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:27 am

andy.rau wrote:Here's what I've got. I run the top three in the effects loop. The blue guy is a real nice OD that works even better as a boost to push my amp's tubes further into overdrive for the heavy stuff. Real simple and sounds great. I've been meaning to build a board to clean all the wires up for awhile. Might be a good project over the holiday. Happy holidays by the way!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

andy.rau, I noticed the Ditto looper and am curious how you like it? I've thought about getting some type of looper and the Ditto, from what little I've seen of it, would be a nice addition. Thanks.
AC375 DEEP RED ON FLAME

'79 CM130

PRS SE245

X100B

V3 1/2 STACK

AG100D

BX700, BRX10.2, BRX15.3

MikeBass
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MikeBass » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:57 am

Kiesel basses, lots of pedals, nothing wrong

andy.rau
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby andy.rau » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:04 pm

kmd09 wrote:andy.rau, I noticed the Ditto looper and am curious how you like it? I've thought about getting some type of looper and the Ditto, from what little I've seen of it, would be a nice addition. Thanks.

I like it. It's pretty easy to use and does what you need it to do. I had a boss looper with some drum samples built in and i liked it when i had it, but after having this i prefer the Ditto. Much simpler

2Plus2isChicken
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby 2Plus2isChicken » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:10 pm

This is my main pedalboard, my "everything I need in the smallest possible package" board. I use this with my VT16 combo and get some really nice tones with it. The Pinnacle is awesome! Paired with the GT-OD I can get all the gain I need.

The only pedal I don't have on there I would probably use is a flanger, but I never used one THAT much so it's no big deal. The Phase 90 sounds much more pleasant to me than a flanger does anyway. The Carbon Copy is always on and set very subtle. You can tell it's there but it's just to enhance my sound a bit, nothing overbearing. The analog chorus is pretty much always on when I'm playing clean parts.
Guitars:
2x Carvin Bolt
DC145
AE185
Ibanez RG1570 and Mikro
2x Fender MIM Strat
Ovation Celebrity
PRS SE Custom 24

Amps:
V3M
Legacy 3
VT16
Quilter 101 Mini Head
Peavey JSX Head
Fender Super Champ XD
Carvin Vintage 1 x 12 cab
Carvin Legacy II 2 x 12 cab

kennym9898
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby kennym9898 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:35 pm

andy.rau wrote:
kmd09 wrote:andy.rau, I noticed the Ditto looper and am curious how you like it? I've thought about getting some type of looper and the Ditto, from what little I've seen of it, would be a nice addition. Thanks.

I like it. It's pretty easy to use and does what you need it to do. I had a boss looper with some drum samples built in and i liked it when i had it, but after having this i prefer the Ditto. Much simpler

I agree, the Ditto is simple and is just what is needed. I also have the Boss RC-3 and prefer the Ditto.
Carvin SH550B, SCB6, AC375, DC700, Gibson Les Paul, Ibanez, Fender Strat, Jackson Soloist, Washburn,
Carvin V3MC, Marshall DSL40c, Fender Deluxe Reverb, Line6

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kmd09 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:04 pm

andy.rau wrote:

Never used a looper so ease of use is important. I've always thought it would be a fun pedal to play around with and with the Ditto's ease-of-use and relatively low cost, I'm thinking it would be a welcome addition to my board.
AC375 DEEP RED ON FLAME

'79 CM130

PRS SE245

X100B

V3 1/2 STACK

AG100D

BX700, BRX10.2, BRX15.3

maxpower
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby maxpower » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:35 am

I think the ditto looper is a wonderful little pedal. I use mine all the time to practice.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Some really great boards on here!

Mine just got two new additions, thanks to my wife. For Christmas she gave me a Joyo digital delay and a Joyo chorus. So I now have those, a Danelectro delay and Cool Cat Distortion, a Digitech Hardwire Overdrive, a Joyo Sweet Baby, and a Digitech Volume/Wah. :)

Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Monstercastle

Postby Monstercastle » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Current version of my board. Added a Decibel Eleven Pedal Palette and upgraded to a Voodoo Mondo power supply underneath this summer.

Carvin Gear - V3M, Bolt Kit
PRS Custom 22, S2 Singlecut, JVM410H/1960a, Mesa Mark V:25, Traditional 412, Orange 112. Too much else to list...

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kmd09 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:51 am

ElfDude wrote:Some really great boards on here!

Mine just got two new additions, thanks to my wife. For Christmas she gave me a Joyo digital delay and a Joyo chorus. So I now have those, a Danelectro delay and Cool Cat Distortion, a Digitech Hardwire Overdrive, a Joyo Sweet Baby, and a Digitech Volume/Wah. :)

ElfDude;
I noticed you don't have a reverb pedal in your set-up and am wondering what you do for your reverb? I've listened to your sound clips and like the "surf" sound of your reverb. I'm using the TC Electronics HOF reverb pedal and the built-in reverb on my X100B but just can't seem to get that type of reverb. Don't know if I'm not just dialing in enough reverb or my set-up just can't do it. Help!!!
AC375 DEEP RED ON FLAME

'79 CM130

PRS SE245

X100B

V3 1/2 STACK

AG100D

BX700, BRX10.2, BRX15.3

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kmd09 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:21 am

MikeBass wrote:Image

Holy Mother of Jesus!!!! All that for bass guitar? Is this a normal set-up for a bass pedal board? I'm a newbie bass guitar player and didn't realize bass guitarists used pedals, or at least this many. Don't know if I'll invest in a bass pedal board (where will I put it?) but am duly impressed with what you have put together. Well done! All that toe-tapping going on could be better than a full-on Pilates work-out! Are there all-in-one processors (like my Line 6 POD XT for my guitars) available for bass? An all-in-one bass guitar processor would be, at least for me- a lazy b*****d, a better option. What say you?
AC375 DEEP RED ON FLAME

'79 CM130

PRS SE245

X100B

V3 1/2 STACK

AG100D

BX700, BRX10.2, BRX15.3

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:28 am

I have a bass player friend who's been playing for more than 25 years, and he's only ever owned these pedals: compressor, wah and fuzz. He had a rack tuner, so no need for a tuner pedal). Pedals aren't for everyone. I'm just starting to shop around for some. Right now, I only have a distortion, tuner, wah, and multi-effects unit that's too hard (for me) to program (so it doesn't get used very often).

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kmd09 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:41 am

spudmunkey wrote:I have a bass player friend who's been playing for more than 25 years, and he's only ever owned these pedals: compressor, wah and fuzz. He had a rack tuner, so no need for a tuner pedal). Pedals aren't for everyone. I'm just starting to shop around for some. Right now, I only have a distortion, tuner, wah, and multi-effects unit that's too hard (for me) to program (so it doesn't get used very often).

Spudmonkey;
Sounds like we're in the same boat. At this point, don't see the need or use for a seperate bass boad so a multi-effects unit may be the way to go. What multi-effects unit are you trying? I tend to like to keep things simple and an easy-to-program/use unit may be the way to go. This bass guitar playing is very new to me so any useful info. is appreciated. Thanks.
AC375 DEEP RED ON FLAME

'79 CM130

PRS SE245

X100B

V3 1/2 STACK

AG100D

BX700, BRX10.2, BRX15.3

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:18 am

I've always been a fan of the bass-with-a-phase-shifter sound pioneered by Rob Grange ("Stranglehold," "Together," etc. from Ted Nugent). Really added a lot of depth to the sonics.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:29 am

Kmd09, honestly, I think individual pedals is actually "easier" then multi-effects units. I don't want to have to sit for hours with the manual to change any of the presets...and then to have to do it again if I don't. Use it for a few months.

I have a DigiTech RP 350. And while entertaining for the first few hours while you scroll through the 99 preset tones, that's where the fun stopped for me. I mean, I'm willing to admit that it's entirely possible that this could actually be a very easy one to use...but once you have to hook up a laptop to it, or using the pedals and arrows to scroll through menus and submenus...that's where it kinda looses me.

Return to Other Gear