Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Geddy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

re: Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby Geddy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:41 am

Effects are a lot like flavors aren't they? I love lasagna (big time) but I don't wan't to eat it 24-7, well at least beyond the first week! :lol: Some pedals may even sound like junk, but in the right context they may be perfect (this is a paraphrase from a Billy Gibbons interview). They just may be the right seasoning for the dish being served.

There is a lot of flavors to be had just in the dirt arena alone, and that's all good. I would love to add maybe two more dirt pedals to my board, the Catlinbread Sabra Cadabra pedal and maybe another overdrive or blues pedal for those lower gain overdriven tones. I may have to loose my Plexitone to make room ... not an easy decision, but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Cheers,
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CS624M Ginger
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Marshall 1960A,
Bogner 212C Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's.
Custom Pedalboard

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Can you use one expression pedal for multiple stopboxes with just a splitter cable?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:22 pm

For anyone considering Pedaltrain pedalboard platforms, you might want to think about getting it soon.

I sent a message to their customer service to ask why the "Pedaltrain Fly" is $100 more than the slightly larger "Pedaltrain 3", as they appear to have nearly identical construction.

The response had two reasons:
1) The case for the Fly is better, because it's meant for traveling, especially air travel. The case that comes with it is already pretty OK, so I'm not sure how much of the upcharge the upgrade encompasses.

2) They "haven't raised the prices on [their] older products in nearly a decade, but that will be changing fairly soon."

Geddy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Re: re: Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby Geddy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:49 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Can you use one expression pedal for multiple stopboxes with just a splitter cable?

That is a great question. The expression pedal is basically a variable resistor. This variable resistor is varying the amplitude of the small signal (the guitar signal). Taking that small signal into a spliter cable is the same as dividing that signal into smaller components and you will loose the signal strength. The same thing will happen if you take one guitar cable and plug it into an amp and split the cable at the other end into two jacks for two guitars; here you've taken the amps load (impedance - resistance is the real component of impedance) and paralleled up two guitars. With two equal loads in parallel the resistance is halved. This is the same as rolling off your vol on the guitar. So, no you cannot use the expression pedal this way.

However, you could use it into one of those switching boards where the expression pedal is used for only one pedal at a time, such as a Carl Martin Octa-Switch MK2.

Cheers,

CS624M Ginger

Custom Pedalboard

Sully
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sully » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:18 am

Pedal Board! I got that covered!

Also have Switch Boards covered....

I really need to build a pedal board this year. :lol:
Carvin Quad X Pre-Amp, Carvin RSP Redline Pre-Amp, Carvin GX412B British Speakers

malice_mc

Postby malice_mc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:15 pm

There's the board (or lack there of). You can see the X cable config w/ the NS-2 I was talking about in the other thread.

The whole rig, power conditioner and all. The 4x12 is a G412 with the BR12s. I love that cab.

Sorry for the fuzzy pictures. My hands aren't the steadiest.
-Tom

The quest for tone begins when you quit worrying about which note to hit and start worrying about how you want that note to sound when you hit it.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Because the pic is a bit bright, the bottom pic looks like you have 4tuners. :)

Anybody have any clever alternates to an altoids tin? Trying to think of something unique.

dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dejabluguitar » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:04 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Because the pic is a bit bright, the bottom pic looks like you have 4tuners. :)

Anybody have any clever alternates to an altoids tin? Trying to think of something unique.

or 5 delays!
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band

jojoman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jojoman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:25 am

malice_mc wrote:Image

The whole rig, power conditioner and all. The 4x12 is a G412 with the BR12s. I love that cab.

Sorry for the fuzzy pictures. My hands aren't the steadiest.

Do you mean British Series speakers? The dust covers look too small to be British Series.

Here is mine.

Sully
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sully » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:00 pm

I have the G412 bottom cab and the newer British Series speakers have a smaller voice coil cover. They had a short run of the new speakers before changing them out.
Carvin Quad X Pre-Amp, Carvin RSP Redline Pre-Amp, Carvin GX412B British Speakers

malice_mc

Postby malice_mc » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:10 pm

Yeah, they are the newer not the older ones. I believe I got that cab on clearance when Carvin stopped making the SX as a head and/or the newer BR12 speakers.
-Tom

The quest for tone begins when you quit worrying about which note to hit and start worrying about how you want that note to sound when you hit it.

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby MatiasTolkki » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Here's my VERY messy pedal board:

So there are a few pedals I have that aren't available outside Japan, so I'll explain all my pedals (even the one that isn't on the board right now):

TC Electronics Flashback X4 delay, TC electronics Tuner, Xotic BB preamp, H&K amp footswitch :mrgreen: Xotic EP booster (ver 1 with unity gain), TC Electronics Hall of fame reverb (not shown, but box is visible :lol: )

Now for the OTHER pedals:

1985 Ibanez Digital Stereo Chorus (hard to find, VERY cool pedal), KS-808 Kelly Simonz signature Overdrive (modeled after TS-808 but has a high gain mode that retains clarity and a mid-boost mode for screaming pups like my M22SDs), and the Swirly one is the Shun Nokina 9/9 Leqtique Distortion pedal. The 9/9 is very much like the Legacy 3, quite possibly modeled after it. It's an AMAZING distortion pedal imo, and works GREAT through Solid state amps AND tube amps.

The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

Mad Max

Postby Mad Max » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Here's my main board as it will be for a few more weeks. Awaiting delivery of a RJM mastermind PBC to cut down on the tap dancing.

Geddy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Geddy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Nice board Bro. I like my Mobius pedal a lot but I really need to sit down and program more of my own settings, but you know what's it's like when you've got a guitar in your hands right? :lol: I tried out the Bogner Red pedal at one point and I loved it, it just happened to duplicate my amp, but the pedal build was better than anything I've ever seen before. I wanted to try the Blue pedal but I never got to, I bet it's killer!!! The Strymon Blue Sky is another pedal I'd love to try ... so where abouts do you live??? :wink:

Cheers,

CS624M Ginger

Custom Pedalboard

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Someone NEEDS to come out with a pedal that does just what the Destroyer mode does, but in a stand-alone pedal. I would pay several monies.

Mad Max

Postby Mad Max » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:14 pm

I use the blue bogner to gain stack my 5150's lead channel on some songs. It's quite marshall 800-esque with the tubescreamer slamming the front of it, also.

I'm currently using 10-20 presets in each of the strymon pedals. Some are sounds that I programed for specific songs, but many are settings from other users that ive found on other forum threads and even strymon's facebook page.

BTW, i'm a long way from canada
8) 8) 8)

Geddy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Geddy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:59 am

Mad Max wrote:BTW, i'm a long way from canada
8) 8) 8)

D'Oh!!!

CS624M Ginger

Custom Pedalboard

Bodie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Bodie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:34 am

colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby colossal » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:32 am

MatiasTolkki wrote:Here's my VERY messy pedal board:

Matias,

I think you have some Eric Johnson mojo going on with your board. I'm sure the placement of those picks are affecting your tone :wink:

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby MatiasTolkki » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:18 am

colossal wrote:
MatiasTolkki wrote:Here's my VERY messy pedal board:

Matias,

I think you have some Eric Johnson mojo going on with your board. I'm sure the placement of those picks are affecting your tone :wink:

If I could get some tone like Eric johnson with this board, I'm totally fine with that ;)

I should probably clean it up, but I need to get more patch cables first :lol:

I don't actually use that many of the pedals, tbh, I have barely used my drive or distortion pedals since I got my tubemeister. I love the tone I get from the amp, but I think I need to start using my KS808 with my RG2550. When it comes to my jb200, I don't use any pedals, the M22SD and 22V are powerful enough to do what I need them to do ;)
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer: