Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

malice_mc

Re: re: Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby malice_mc » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:00 pm

spudmunkey wrote:Because the pic is a bit bright, the bottom pic looks like you have 4tuners. :)

Anybody have any clever alternates to an altoids tin? Trying to think of something unique.

dejabluguitar wrote:or 5 delays!

Yes, this way I can monitor how out of tune each string is independently and hear it over and over again... :laughhard:

There does seem to be this phenomenon though, the better cameras get, the worst my ability to take a good picture gets.

I just added a pedal power iso 5, now things are even messier, I think I might actually need to buy or build something to organize it all now.
-Tom

The quest for tone begins when you quit worrying about which note to hit and start worrying about how you want that note to sound when you hit it.

Geddy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

re: Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby Geddy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:26 am

I know exactly what you mean Bro. That is why I decided to build my own pedal board with the intent to hide all the power wiring and the bulk of the signalling wiring underneath. And as a bonus, I surround my pedals with the nice warm grain of wood with layers of gloss over it. But then again, it may not be everyone's preferred choice. :wink:

Cheers,
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CS624M Ginger
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Marshall 1960A,
Bogner 212C Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's.
Custom Pedalboard

Gweb69

Postby Gweb69 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:14 am

A bit of overkill, but it does everything I need for the cover band I've been in.

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby MatiasTolkki » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:37 am

Gweb69 wrote:A bit of overkill, but it does everything I need for the cover band I've been in.

Grrrr I want that Digitech Drop.... They aren't here in Japan yet iirc... I could drop my JB down to D tuning for motley crue stuff :D

I forgot, can the Digitech Drop also go up a half step?
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

Gweb69

Postby Gweb69 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:50 am

The Drop can only go down. The Whammy DT can go up or down.

colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby colossal » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:10 am

andy.rau wrote:Here's what I've got. I run the top three in the effects loop. The blue guy is a real nice OD that works even better as a boost to push my amp's tubes further into overdrive for the heavy stuff. Real simple and sounds great. I've been meaning to build a board to clean all the wires up for awhile. Might be a good project over the holiday. Happy holidays by the way!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Andy,

Is your overdrive DIY or from a builder?

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby MatiasTolkki » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:32 pm

colossal wrote:
andy.rau wrote:Here's what I've got. I run the top three in the effects loop. The blue guy is a real nice OD that works even better as a boost to push my amp's tubes further into overdrive for the heavy stuff. Real simple and sounds great. I've been meaning to build a board to clean all the wires up for awhile. Might be a good project over the holiday. Happy holidays by the way!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Andy,

It's made by shun nokina. IIRC, that's the redemptionist. He's a pedal maker here in Japan. In my pedal board, there's a purple pedal. Same guy, different model. The blue one is an OD, my purple one is a distortion pedal.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RG5000
RG750VP

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby colossal » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Thanks man, I'll check them out! I appreciate the reply.

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby MatiasTolkki » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:50 pm

colossal wrote:Thanks man, I'll check them out! I appreciate the reply.

Just so you know, the purple one has similar tonal qualities to the legacy 3.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RG5000
RG750VP

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

andy.rau
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby andy.rau » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:13 am

MatiasTolkki wrote:
colossal wrote:

Andy,

It's made by shun nokina. IIRC, that's the redemptionist. He's a pedal maker here in Japan. In my pedal board, there's a purple pedal. Same guy, different model. The blue one is an OD, my purple one is a distortion pedal.

No. Thats the Leqtique Maestro MAT. Made by shun nokina I think? Not really sure. Anyways its a real smooth overdrive that can get heavy if you set up your amp the right way. The purple one has a little too much gain for how i use my pedals in front of my amp. It makes a great blues overdrive sound with a clean amp too. I highly recommend one.

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby MatiasTolkki » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:17 am

andy.rau wrote:
MatiasTolkki wrote:
colossal wrote:

Andy,

No. Thats the Leqtique Maestro MAT. Made by shun nokina I think? Not really sure. Anyways its a real smooth overdrive that can get heavy if you set up your amp the right way. The purple one has a little too much gain for how i use my pedals in front of my amp. It makes a great blues overdrive sound with a clean amp too. I highly recommend one.

Oh my bad, It's the maestro. Shun Nokina just released another pedal recently too, and they have a special Shimamura Gakki Leqtique 9/9 that's mostly black. Looks pretty cool.

I liked the 9/9. The recitals at my guitar school won't let me take my amp with me so having the 9/9 is great. Very nice distortion for what I want. I haven't used it a lot recently because my tubemeister sounds so good :lol:
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RG5000
RG750VP

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

Geddy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Geddy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:32 am

Ok, so getting curious about these Shun Nokina pedals and I tried (and failed) to find a website for these pedals. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks

Cheers,

CS624M Ginger

Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Marshall 1960A,

Bogner 212C Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's.

Custom Pedalboard

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby MatiasTolkki » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:40 am

Geddy wrote:Ok, so getting curious about these Shun Nokina pedals and I tried (and failed) to find a website for these pedals. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks

Cheers,

There isn't a lot about them. they are just starting to get popular over here, especially the 9/9 that I have.

Redemptionist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQg0jEiqBVQ

Leqtique 9/9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuAdzt1gulo

Various pedals in 2013:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyPe2fFrTew

Red Redemptionist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqWEe285oc

another 9/9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT6fjgRGyvI
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RG5000
RG750VP

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

andy.rau
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby andy.rau » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:11 am

Geddy wrote:Ok, so getting curious about these Shun Nokina pedals and I tried (and failed) to find a website for these pedals. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks

Cheers,

I got mine HERE. I think i got the last one though.... I saw some on Amazon not that long ago, so I'd look there. Happy hunting!!

andy.rau
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby andy.rau » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:22 am

I will also say that I got a YJM308 recently that I'm afraid i'm falling for. Perfect for that 80's high gain 'wall of Marshall's sound'. It is a bit trebbly though. I'm thinking about sending it in to Analogman for their mod. I've heard it brings back some of the low end.

Sirloin
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Sirloin » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:23 pm

I don't always use pedals, but when I do, I use this:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:21 pm

I originally started a "My first pedalboard" thread, forgetting this one existed. I'll let that one die, and continue here.

Here was that thread, for the background info:
http://www.carvinbbs.com/viewtopic.php?t=44268

The tl;dr: First pedalboard after 25 years of realizing i never bother to learn to program multi-effects units and then ended up not using them.

Anywho...got a delivery today (Mooer Lofi Machine), and picked up the MXR EQ (used) in a Starving Musicians music store on the way home from work. Didnt come with a power supply, so I need to wait for a voltage doubler cable for the Pedal Power since it runs at 18v. Oh, and i also got a "Stomping Ground" baseplate for the Wah so i can finally mount it "properly" to the board.

Getting there... (Several arent plugged in as i wait for more cabling to arrive, and then I'll also mount the 2nd PP2+. I'll be making a custom power cable to cleanly daisy chain them. You can use the courtesy plug to power a chain of up to 10. Also, the Ibanez Powerlead is missing. I gutted the pedal, and will be re-housing it in an aluminum enclosure, with a proper metal switch, new jacks, pots, and a pink LED. Cant wait to show off the artwork i have planned. :))

AJ6stringsting

Postby AJ6stringsting » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Here's my ancient Digitech gear .... still the best tone in my ears ;)

My signal goes to a VHT Valvulator, Digitech RP-12 ( to handle compression, distortion EQing, light modulation, delay, reverb), a Digitech RP-1 (to handle the majority of modulation, delay, reverb) with an effects loop to have a solo boost and then to a rack with two 31 band EQ's, BBE's, noise Reduction units and parametric EQ with a Monster power conditioner and finally to a Digitech 2112 rack processor , that handles all my amp simulations that have some Carvin X-100B simulations, Legacy 1,2,3 and V3 simulations. Those Carvin's are staying home, where they're safe ;)

Folkie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Folkie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:45 pm

A little different, works for me. The LS-2 switches between the G3 (if I'm playing electric) or the A3 (for acoustic), output to the board is the output of the LS-2. On the bottom is a Pedaltrain Volto for playing with no handy outlet. Simple, gets the job done. Before a gig I'll hook the G3 up to the computer and set up presets for the set list in the right order so I don't have to do too much poking around. Sitting on a Pedaltrain mini, and just fits in the bag (overhangs the sides just a tad).

emux2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby emux2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:49 am

Updated my board the other day. Took off the channel switch and put in a tuner.

Return to Other Gear