Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Rainking

re: Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby Rainking » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:39 am

:D
Last edited by Rainking on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kmd09 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:29 am

Here's my recently updated pedal board. I replaced the TC Electronics MOJOMOJO with a T-Rex MEANMACHINE. I didn't have a problem with the MOJOMOJO but I got a great deal on the MEANMACHINE on ebay and couldn't pass it up. The MOJOMOJO, gain-wise, was similar to the Dr. Swamp and the Suhr Riot so putting the higher gain MEANMACHINE in its place made sense. I'm really liking this pedal. Like the Dr. Swamp, it offers two channels that can be set separately so it's like getting two pedals in one. It is a higher gain pedal so along with the lower gain Dr. Swamp and the ultra-high gain ROTTWEILER I've got all my bases covered. I've also been checking out some pedals from Tonal Insanity lately and may have to add one of their pedals at some point. Also, I'm thinking of trying a different reverb pedal. The Hall of Fame is nice but I'm wanting to try something different. Any suggestions?
AC375 DEEP RED ON FLAME
V49K DEEP NIGHTBURST ON FLAME
CT624M DEEP AQUABURST ON FLAME
CS624S DEEP PURPLE ON QUILT
SH575 DEEP ORANGEBURST ON FLAME
'79 CM130
PRS SE245
X100B
V3 1/2 STACK
AG100D
BX700, BRX10.2, BRX15.3
FENDER STRAT, TACOMA DM-18, TRAYNOR YGL3-100 MKIII, YAMAHA G1OO-212

Geddy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Geddy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:44 am

Great looking pedal board and I like to have lots of "dirt" options at my hands too. Right now I'm kicking around the idea of something on the lower side of overdrive, a good blues pedal and I have a few in mind but they are a pain to get up here. More online ordering and hopefully no UPS as they remove a certain oval appendage every time an item crosses the border.

I love reverb and almost always play with some reverb on, not at all on the faster high gain stuff, but on slower, heavy, high gain it's really cool with some delay too! \m/_ :twisted: _\m/
Here's a few suggestions for alternatives for your reverb (and some of my all time favorites): Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Plus - 3 types of usable reverb, TC Electronics Nova Reverb - sooo many options and tasty tones (I"ve got this one!!), Electro-Harmonix Cathedral Stereo Reverb Pedal (these guys just do reverb so well - this pedal is incredable!!! I want one), Red Panda Context, Strymon Big Sky, Walrus Audio Descent Reverb. This is just a short list of ones that I personally like. I like to have options and not just a one trick pony, but many of those one trick ponies do a fantastic job at it! Happy hunting Bro, let us know if you do come up with a replacement for the most excellent HOF pedal.

Cheers,
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CS624M Ginger
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Marshall 1960A,
Bogner 212C Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's.
Custom Pedalboard

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Re: re: Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby MatiasTolkki » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Geddy wrote:Great looking pedal board and I like to have lots of "dirt" options at my hands too. Right now I'm kicking around the idea of something on the lower side of overdrive, a good blues pedal and I have a few in mind but they are a pain to get up here. More online ordering and hopefully no UPS as they remove a certain oval appendage every time an item crosses the border.

I love reverb and almost always play with some reverb on, not at all on the faster high gain stuff, but on slower, heavy, high gain it's really cool with some delay too! \m/_ :twisted: _\m/
Here's a few suggestions for alternatives for your reverb (and some of my all time favorites): Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Plus - 3 types of usable reverb, TC Electronics Nova Reverb - sooo many options and tasty tones (I"ve got this one!!), Electro-Harmonix Cathedral Stereo Reverb Pedal (these guys just do reverb so well - this pedal is incredable!!! I want one), Red Panda Context, Strymon Big Sky, Walrus Audio Descent Reverb. This is just a short list of ones that I personally like. I like to have options and not just a one trick pony, but many of those one trick ponies do a fantastic job at it! Happy hunting Bro, let us know if you do come up with a replacement for the most excellent HOF pedal.

Cheers,

Find a Keeley mod Blues driver. Andy timmons is using it now (no BB preamp, which is amazing considering he has a signature BB). He was gushing about it in a recent interview.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

Geddy
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Geddy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:56 pm

I think that's actually really close to three that I'm considering: J Rocket Audio Designs - Blue Note OD, Wampler Clarksdale Delta Overdrive, & Keeley Katana Blues Driver.

Thanks for the sugestions! If you come across any others that sound good and organic, let me know.

Cheers,

CS624M Ginger

Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Marshall 1960A,

Bogner 212C Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's.

Custom Pedalboard

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby MatiasTolkki » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Geddy wrote:I think that's actually really close to three that I'm considering: J Rocket Audio Designs - Blue Note OD, Wampler Clarksdale Delta Overdrive, & Keeley Katana Blues Driver.

Thanks for the sugestions! If you come across any others that sound good and organic, let me know.

Cheers,

Well, I DO like the BB preamp (standard one). It has a warmth and depth to the sound that I really like. I think once I get my next cable, I'm gonna hook up my BB to my Tubemeister's lead channel and see what happens :)
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

Sirloin
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Sirloin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Geddy wrote:I think that's actually really close to three that I'm considering: J Rocket Audio Designs - Blue Note OD, Wampler Clarksdale Delta Overdrive, & Keeley Katana Blues Driver.

Cheers,

Check out the offerings from Barber Electronics

emkbop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby emkbop » Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 am

My current pedalboard...

Some notes: Mooer PureBoost is just an always on buffer. TC Spark is mostly used as treble boost. Vox Straight 6 drive uses a NOS Sylvania 5814a tube. Blonde is for clean tones. Liverpool is for semi-dirty tones. The Midi-Mouse drives a Lexicon mx200. You can't see it, but under the POG2 is an FMRaudio RNC1773 compressor; it is always on.

dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dejabluguitar » Sun May 10, 2015 11:58 am

current config of my gigging board. Featuring my new favorite low gain drive, the little green Mooer Rumble drive.I've gone thru a few including a "Timmy" and a Soulfood. At 65bucks the Mooer is a great value. Picked up the Zoom A3 for my AC175, I'm being called on to do more acoustic stlye in my cover band.
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band

MikeBass
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MikeBass » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Four pages back and more than a year since the last post

Kiesel basses, lots of pedals, nothing wrong

2Plus2isChicken
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby 2Plus2isChicken » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:43 pm

I'm thinking about redoing my two pedalboards. I haven't changed anything in a long time and my new V3MC's gain channel sounds so good that I feel absolutely no need to use a distortion pedal with it at all. I really just need an OD as a boost and that's it.

However, the new JHS Andy Timmons overdrive is something I just have to get eventually. I wouldn't use it with the V3MC but I'm always interested in new distortion pedals to use through the Vintage 16. I still have the EMMA Electronics ReezaFRATzitz pedal I used to talk about all the time on here. I didn't use it for the longest time, but lately I've been running it into the Legacy 3's clean channel and it's sounding great. I'd say it's the most underrated distortion pedal there is.

What confuses me is why I let myself buy four amps and all these pedals just to play at home. One of these days before I get old I need to start a band, just for fun.
Guitars:
2x Carvin Bolt
DC145
AE185
Ibanez RG1570 and Mikro
2x Fender MIM Strat
Ovation Celebrity
PRS SE Custom 24

Amps:
V3M
Legacy 3
VT16
Quilter 101 Mini Head
Peavey JSX Head
Fender Super Champ XD
Carvin Vintage 1 x 12 cab
Carvin Legacy II 2 x 12 cab

OotMagroot
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby OotMagroot » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:31 pm

Here's my latest - MINIS!

MikeBass
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MikeBass » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:50 pm

OotMagroot wrote:Here's my latest - MINIS!

Nice! I was going to comment about the lack of a tuner but there doesn't seem to be enough room, and when you run out of room on a board full of minis, you're doing something right :mrgreen: :rockon:
Kiesel basses, lots of pedals, nothing wrong

OotMagroot
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby OotMagroot » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:50 am

MikeBass wrote:
OotMagroot wrote:Here's my latest - MINIS!

Nice! I was going to comment about the lack of a tuner but there doesn't seem to be enough room, and when you run out of room on a board full of minis, you're doing something right :mrgreen: :rockon:

My main two guitars I have setup extremely well, enough to where I don't really have to tune up between songs. I have a tuner off-board that I use before I start playing and that is usually enough.

I still have to fit an EP boost on there (it will fit under the HOF mini). And I would like to get a Korg Pitchblack mini....

el84

Postby el84 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:00 pm

jojoman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Pedal Boards? Show em if ya got em....

Postby jojoman » Wed May 30, 2018 11:16 pm

My acoustic pedal board. (Country)
Guitar - Kiesel AC375
Amp - Carvin B1500 w/Redline 410 cabinet.
:woot:

20180529_210546.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZooHead
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ZooHead » Thu May 31, 2018 6:03 am

Casual Madman wrote: LPB-1 power booster by Electro Harmonix

An LPB-1, I don't believe it. That was the first device I bought
as a kid, at E.U. Wurlitzer on Newbury st. in Boston.

That's amazing, I don't have any of my old pedals.
Now I like the multi effect units. Do those qualify?

ZooHead
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ZooHead » Thu May 31, 2018 7:45 am

How do I post a picture without the frame around it?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu May 31, 2018 7:51 am

ZooHead wrote:How do I post a picture without the frame around it?

If you attach an image directly here, that box is sorta helpful because it indicates that the image it larger, and that you can click on it and see a larger version of the image closer to the original uploaded image. It is displayed in that box in a shrunk down size, sort of an extra extra large thumbnail, to keep the forum itself more compact and still having the larger image available to those who want to see more.

To post an image without the frame, you would need to host it elsewhere, and then use the [img] tags to hot-link to that image, which is then shown in the thread as full-sized (or as big as it can within the parameter of how the forum width is set up).

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu May 31, 2018 8:04 am

I picked up a package of those Mooer footswitch button toppers that kinda look like lifesavers/clear hard candies.

I gotta say, I only bought them on a whim, but they are quite comfy for some of those heavy-to-click footswitches while in bare/besocked feet.

They fit perfectly on every one of my pedals with this type of switch, including TC Electronics, MXR, Walrus Audio, EHX, Wampler, and Mooer.

I still think they are generally a little pricey for what they are, but still way cheaper than those anodized aluminum ones.

Return to Other Gear