Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

tg1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Norway

Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby tg1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:01 am

I just saw this guitar on Ibanez's instagram, and thought it was absolutely gorgeous

Image
http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_detai ... color=CL01

Very Kiesel-like look (in my eyes, at least), with the poplar burl and caliburst(-ish) finish. 11-piece neck! :shock:

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Pittsburgh,PA.

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby slayer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm

That`s really nice? Where is this one made?
Bring Back the "ST" Body!!

tg1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Jan 2017
Location: Norway

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby tg1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:43 pm

slayer wrote:That`s really nice? Where is this one made?


Apparently in Indonesia:
http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Premium_series

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby MatiasTolkki » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:23 am

Ibanez is pushing the Premium line HARD now. It's why I wont buy new guitars from them. I think the focus on Indonesia and NOT on MIJs is messed up.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

Cynical
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Dec 2015

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby Cynical » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:00 am

MatiasTolkki wrote:Ibanez is pushing the Premium line HARD now. It's why I wont buy new guitars from them. I think the focus on Indonesia and NOT on MIJs is messed up.

The focus not being on MIJ is over a decade old in the states. For a while, you could get a neck-through all-mahogany RG with EMGs out of the factory in the MIK RG line, but there wasn't a neck-through MIJ model period, and all of the MIJ models had Ibanez-made pups as opposed to Duncans, Dimarzios, or EMGs.

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby MatiasTolkki » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Cynical wrote:
MatiasTolkki wrote:Ibanez is pushing the Premium line HARD now. It's why I wont buy new guitars from them. I think the focus on Indonesia and NOT on MIJs is messed up.

The focus not being on MIJ is over a decade old in the states. For a while, you could get a neck-through all-mahogany RG with EMGs out of the factory in the MIK RG line, but there wasn't a neck-through MIJ model period, and all of the MIJ models had Ibanez-made pups as opposed to Duncans, Dimarzios, or EMGs.


Yep. The DID have the RGTs though which were neck throughs and they did have an MIJ version of it. Ibanez never really did a lot of neck throughs, which sucks, but they were famous for bolt ons so I guess there's that. Now the only neck throughs are J customs, and the neck through ones are the higher end of that line. Meh.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

Cynical
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Dec 2015

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby Cynical » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:47 pm

In the US, there's still an Indo neck-through. No MIJ ones, though.

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby MatiasTolkki » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:48 pm

Cynical wrote:In the US, there's still an Indo neck-through. No MIJ ones, though.


I havent seen that. You know which model it is? I wonder if we have it here.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

Cynical
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Dec 2015

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby Cynical » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:52 pm

MatiasTolkki wrote:
Cynical wrote:In the US, there's still an Indo neck-through. No MIJ ones, though.


I havent seen that. You know which model it is? I wonder if we have it here.

http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_det ... color=CL01

RGIT20FE

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby MatiasTolkki » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Cynical wrote:
MatiasTolkki wrote:
Cynical wrote:In the US, there's still an Indo neck-through. No MIJ ones, though.


I havent seen that. You know which model it is? I wonder if we have it here.

http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_det ... color=CL01

RGIT20FE


Oh yeah we have that. I never liked the iron labels. I remember when they first launched the line and the RGs all had EMGs and the S models were just eye candy. Now they have those Dimarzio Edge Fusion pups with insane veneers. I wish they'd just do a simple guitar, like in the 80s. Candy red RG, pickguard, dimarzio pups. Wishful thinking.
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10

Cynical
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Dec 2015

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby Cynical » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Digging around on the Ibanez website a bit, one of the Meshuggah signatures is an MIJ neck-through. But, it's also an 8-string...

MatiasTolkki
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 2745
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan (home of Hoshino Gakki)

Re: Ibanez RG1070PBZ

Postby MatiasTolkki » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Cynical wrote:Digging around on the Ibanez website a bit, one of the Meshuggah signatures is an MIJ neck-through. But, it's also an 8-string...


And it costs like 7 grand :?
The arsenal:
Ibanez
RGR580x2 (Pearl white, Deep Wine)
RG5000
RG750VP
1996 Ibanez Blazer reissue

ESP:
E-II SV

Carvin/Kiesel:
JB200C the Purple demon of Nagoya
V220C Kabocha (pumpkin)

Kramer:
Vanguard (Indonesian)

Amp:
Yamaha THR10


Return to Other Gear

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests