Gibson Woes...

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Re: Gibson Woes...

Postby Doctor Turn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:33 pm

It's so severe though. :shock: This is something you see from time to time on well bookmatched tops, but not often.. at least not from what I see. Usually tops are more harmonious and respond in a more uniform way versus angle changes (my koa guitar, if you look at it from above, all of the horizontal flame and quilt vanishes and it's just a "coffee bean" (bird eye style artifacts) or two set against massive vertical stripes, seen from the bottom up all the horizontal stuff appears and the up down strips recede a bit. My flame top Hag--seen from above they turn into the weakest sort of limpid flame,get around the knobs or just in front and they're your typical 3a stuff, but tough to make one side look so out of whack with the other.

On the Gibby it just looks so terrible--there's nothing particularly unique about that angle on the website page show piece, versus the first and last ones, but it just looks awful. These are 3 different shots of the same guitar, and they just magically happened to find the most imbalanced angle of chatoyance of 1 side versus the other for each shot? Regardless the reason, I can't understand why they chose these photos/specific guitar to represent the model to America.. :lol:
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:37 pm

It's better than the actual cracked headstock they had on their official website for months (and might still). :lol:

https://www.gearnews.com/gibson-les-pau ... eadstocks/

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:43 pm

Yeah I remember posting about that here, the guy who knows the guy who had to take the photo posted on it in FB right when the story began to break. It's on one of the threads around here.

People were saying, "Truth in advertising?" :roll:
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Doctor Turn wrote:Yeah I remember posting about that here, the guy who knows the guy who had to take the photo posted on it in FB right when the story began to break. It's on one of the threads around here.

People were saying, "Truth in advertising?" :roll:

Return to Other Gear