Vicarious (for now) NGD: 1999 BC Rich USA Beast

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Cynical
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vicarious (for now) NGD: 1999 BC Rich USA Beast

Postby Cynical » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:08 pm

I've been watching this axe on Reverb for a while, but the timing for actually making a purchase was awkward -- I've been spending too much time on the road for work lately to be around reliable to take shipping. The seller went through a couple of rounds of price dropping, and the last one made me yell "oh crap, I've got to get this now because, at less than $2k, there's no way this is going to stick around for long". I quickly made arrangements with my friend (who also plays guitar) to take shipping of it and hold it for me until I could get back on the 21st. He got it today, and went over it; he says it's in great condition and sounds fantastic... now I just have to hold out for a few more days...

Here's the pictures my friend sent:

dbone
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Vicarious (for now) NGD: 1999 BC Rich USA Beast

Postby dbone » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Well that is a Beast! Congrats
dbones Lefties
SH550 M22SD M22N
DC150 M22T/M22V, DC150 M22SD/M22N
DC400A, K12B/K12N, DC600 M22SD/M22V, DC800 A80B/A80N
AE185 C22T/C22N/Piezo, AE185-12 H22T/H22N/Piezo
CT7M KL14B/KL14N, Bolt C22T/AP11/AP11, AC375, CL450, AC275K, SB5000 J99A pups

freakofnature
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby freakofnature » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:05 am

I used to be a BC Rich FREAK back in the day. This one reminds me very much of my original USA Beast:

Beast1.jpg

I had one other USA Rich that I really loved but just couldn't handle those bridges for palm mutes but I still miss it:

Beast2.jpg

Good looking axe bro!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cynical
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Cynical » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 pm

Got back home today, went to friends house to pick it up (after seeing the Destroyer 666 and Watain concert, that is), and man, what a beauty. It's in amazing shape for a nearly 20 year old guitar!

It's easily the best sounding guitar I own. Full, yet super clear under gobs of gain. The top end is cutting, but doesn't get glassy in a harsh way. Sustain for years, and super-easy pinch harmonics.

The body shape is really comfortable to play sitting down... as long as you play in classical position. In "casual" position, it pretty much doesn't work at all; that upper horn digs right into your chest. In classical, it's amazing; that lower wing is just perfect for pinching between your legs, but it's got a contour on the lower bout that a typical V doesn't, so it sits on the left leg better, and the upper horn gets out of the way. Totally amazing.

If there's one downside, it's that the neck is a touch thicker than I prefer. Like most BC Riches, it's more of a Gibson '60s C than a modern Jackson-ish profile. Still though... amazing instrument.

Freak, I actually saw a Beast that looked identical to your black and silver one on Reverb the other day! Love the painted bevels, but trems aren't for me these days.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:10 pm

freakofnature wrote:I used to be a BC Rich FREAK back in the day. This one reminds me very much of my original USA Beast:

Beast1.jpg

I had one other USA Rich that I really loved but just couldn't handle those bridges for palm mutes but I still miss it:

Beast2.jpg

Good looking axe bro!

These guitars totally look like they stepped off a wall of graf w wildstyle lettters:
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

skully13a
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby skully13a » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Dig it! 8)
Congratulations! :applause:
SH645
V440T
SM212 Stage Master
MB10

DesmoBob
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby DesmoBob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:40 pm

Man that is one wicked beast, congrats!

Just be careful not to poke your eye out!

Return to Other Gear