New Rig Day

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

WFPPtheSound

New Rig Day

Postby WFPPtheSound » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Finally bought a real amp setup now that I'm done with college. I sold my old setup when I moved for school, but I'm ready to start playing again and starting up a band.

Yamaha THR100HD (dual channel stereo head)
Mesa Mini-Rectifier 1x12 Slant
Mesa Rectifier 1x12

This thing is siiiiiiiiiiiick. I have had tons of tube heads and I really think these new class D solid state power amps are as close to tube as you can get, I'm very happy with this setup. I'm gonna get a few pedals to run with it and really make use of the stereo setup (TC FlashBack II, some chorus, and a nice reverb)
Grape Jelly Metallic Vader V6

freakofnature
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New Rig Day

Postby freakofnature » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 am

Nice! I hope they make an "X" version of that head! I just LOVE my THR10X for practice!

WFPPtheSound

Postby WFPPtheSound » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:57 am

freakofnature wrote:Nice! I hope they make an "X" version of that head! I just LOVE my THR10X for practice!

I have the THR10X too. I think the "Lead" and "Modern" amps in this can hang with the X. I really really like the "Brown" and "Southern Hi" models on the X, hate the powerball models though.
Grape Jelly Metallic Vader V6

kdawg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kdawg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Congrats. I've read a lot of good stuff about that Yamaha head. Looks like you're ready to take on the world now!

Return to Other Gear