LP Jr kit

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

/Y\

LP Jr kit

Postby /Y\ » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:37 pm

LP Jr from Precision guitar kits. High quality wood and machining, the neck & body are hand fitted. Body is 2-piece African hog, but you'd be hard pressed to find the joint. Looks like 1-piece. Standard board is Pau Ferro, and I'm glad I didn't go with my usual pick of ebony. The PF figuring is beautiful, and feels every bit as slick as ebony.

I got this without frets because they didn't have jumbo in EVO or SS. Radiused the board to 20", and put in the jumbo EVO frets, and continued with the gold hardware theme. Pup is a Fralin noiseless, 5% overwound. Really fun guitar, just cooks with some overdrive. Nice for blues, the strings are so bendable. The neck is their "60s slim" profile, and is a bit less the 0.8" at the first fret after radiusing, so definitely slim, but still plenty stiff. Always wanted a LP Jr, but didn't want the vintage baseball bat neck and tiny frets, or the high price of the Gibson versions. If you're looking for a LP style kit guitar, I highly recommend Precision.

[attachment=2]Picture1.jpg
Picture2.jpg
Picture3.jpg
P1010986.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brock
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: LP Jr kit

Postby Brock » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Clean and simple.....very nice!

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: LP Jr kit

Postby Doctor Doug » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Awesome! I was thinking of getting one of their semi hollow kits.

Return to Other Gear