NUAD

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NUAD

Postby kmd09 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Had been watching this Splawn QR on Reverb and when he lowered his price $150 I shot him an offer for an additional $50 off and he accepted. I received it today and this thing just screams classic rock! Exactly what I was looking for. It's a 2010 model and is in excellent shape. It's loaded with 12AX7 pre-amp tubes and KT77 power tubes, all JJ's. I'm not a big fan of the BOA Snakeskin Tolex and will probably swap out the cab. I'd like to do their Nitro cab in black Tolex with a silver stripe, silver piping and put some chrome chickenhead knobs on it - I'm a huge Oakland (soon to be Las Vegas) Raiders fan. I've just had time to put the tubes in it, he packed and shipped them separately, to see if she fires up and am looking forward to giving her a good and proper work-out. The short time I was able to test it she sounded fantastic- couldn't be happier. Here's a quick pic I took.
DSCN1796.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AC375 DEEP RED ON FLAME
V49K DEEP NIGHTBURST ON FLAME
CT624M DEEP AQUABURST ON FLAME
CS624S DEEP PURPLE ON QUILT
SH575 DEEP ORANGEBURST ON FLAME
'79 CM130
PRS SE245
X100B
V3 1/2 STACK
AG100D
BX700, BRX10.2, BRX15.3
FENDER STRAT, TACOMA DM-18, TRAYNOR YGL3-100 MKIII, YAMAHA G1OO-212

Naked Ape
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: NUAD

Postby Naked Ape » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:18 am

Nice! Congrats.
How would you compare it to the JVM? I am a big fan of JVM's, and feel like they can get 'really' close to a LOT of different amps. What's your take on that?

Return to Other Gear