Supro 1970RK Keeley 1x10" 25-watt Tube Combo

Discussion About Other Gear Brands

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Supro 1970RK Keeley 1x10" 25-watt Tube Combo

Postby Omsong » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Check out this DEMO at Sweetwater. It's a killer - Boutique tones for $800!
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1970RK--supro-1970rk-keeley-1x10-inch-25-watt-tube-combo?utm_content=feature5&utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20180919-category-guitar-bass

I'm gonna record that demo and put it on my FLAC Music Player! OMG!
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '17 Fatboy, Deep Lava Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Supro 1970RK Keeley 1x10" 25-watt Tube Combo

Postby texastoast » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:56 am

I have always like their stuff. Usually not appropriate for what I want out of an amp. Also I can appreciate the looks but it is not my cup of tea. But I have always thought I would go to them if the need arises. My amp collecting buddy has several and he likes them better than amps that cost twice as much. I find them to be a good value when compared to a bunch of its competition.

HarlowTheFish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby HarlowTheFish » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:28 pm

I was just at GC and they had a Supro that did THE best clean one I've ever heard, bar none. The Keeley custom sounds so good in demos that it makes me reconsider my setup entirely. Might have to pick one up.

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:08 pm

HarlowTheFish wrote:I was just at GC and they had a Supro that did THE best clean one I've ever heard, bar none. The Keeley custom sounds so good in demos that it makes me reconsider my setup entirely. Might have to pick one up.

They're not high gain amps, so they probably won't get much love here on this forum. Played a Supro Black Magik at Sam Ash and agree that it had beautiful clean tones - better than Fender, IMO, mainly because the mids aren't, by nature, scooped.
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '17 Fatboy, Deep Lava Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+

Return to Other Gear