Some nacht music.....

Share music you've made with your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars gear.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Kellameron

Some nacht music.....

Postby Kellameron » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm being cheeky, though it is also intended to give an idea of some things.....

By request I'm posting some of my music. I feel some background may be necessary.

I grew up hearing a lot of kinds of music. In my teens, Metal fell into my lap and got my attention for about ten years. Along the way I decided I wanted to be a vocalist in a Metal band, and that happened....but after a couple months I took up guitar to fill the rhythm spot. Two years later someone suggested I check out music classes at school, and over a year after that I was enjoying this kind of music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_yCNlXjJGo

Those kids were good, although the performance is a bit strident and brisk in pace to me. I prefer this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2vX8JXfKEc

.....and realized I'd always enjoyed these kinds of things in TV and movies - mostly Sci-fi, because I didn't see that much horror.

This was the kind of music I wanted to do. With high gain electric guitar. (I'd put singing mostly behind me.) Gain allows articulation, especially palm-muting, like no other phenomenon. But the problem was....noise. And since then I've been searching for some way to fix that without giving up the basics of gain.

The last several years have led me into tube amps, and modeling in particular. I've rested on BIAS FX, a particular amp/cab and drive set and configuration (see image below), because it gives me the closest to what I've been looking for - a bold, smooth, and somewhat intimate sound, like an object vibrating acoustically right in front of you, rather than a speaker emitting sound - and it's fairly dynamic without turning to fizz. I'm maybe half-way there, clarity-wise.

I think improving my technique will go a little more ways, but the method of tone generation is really the stumbling block. Still, I'm surprised at how I've come to using compressor and drive, and the success I've had in gain matching.

I didn't get to that level of musicianship, and I've held onto the Metal bit, so I decided on a mostly improvised approach.

This is my DC and Alumitone humbucker:

This is the Klein re-make with Wilkinson pick-up:

main BFX tone.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kellameron

Re: Some nacht music.....

Postby Kellameron » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:17 am

Return to Share Your Kiesel Guitars Made Music