Disco Schmuck

Share music you've made with your Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars gear.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Disco Schmuck

Postby Casual Madman » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:00 am

This audio is the first thing I ever recorded on a PC - used a 1982 DC150 with 1st-gen M22s, "out of phase," using the voice mike propped in front of a little Crate amp. 'Tother day I got a wild hare and found this late-70s BBC video clip (from "Top of the Pops"), and synced my audio to the video. Had to clip a bit from the start & finish to make the sync work.

Gave me a giggle. Hope you get one, too.

https://youtu.be/UJaHT3pMC_I

wickid
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Re: Disco Schmuck

Postby wickid » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Ya gotsta get up to get dayown! :lol:
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Lol!!! I remember that song from my childhood. That and "The Streak" and "We Got A mighty Convoy" all sorta fit together.

So did you grab yourself another 150 after the loss of "Molly?"
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:10 am

Doctor Turn wrote:So did you grab yourself another 150 after the loss of "Molly?"

I was never entirely happy wioth the DC150, because when standing to play, it always wanted to "fall on its face" (probably due to the placement of the strap buttons).

What I really want is a CS3 or CS6, but can't really justify $2K on a hobbyist's toy when I already have six pretty decent electrics (2 of which used to be my ST300, before The Trade). I should've gotten a CS instead of the ST, but I got seduced by spalted maple, and juggled build to make my budget on that purchase. Bad decision.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:49 pm

The balance must have changed with the thicker body slab of the mid 80's and forward 150 bodies.. and maybe the koa vs maple differential plays into it too since mine never face dives.

So I take it this is a very old recording that you did something with only now and that the answer is No.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Casual Madman
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Casual Madman » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:38 pm

Doctor Turn wrote:So I take it this is a very old recording that you did something with only now and that the answer is No.

Yeah, the audio was the first thing I ever recorded on PC, maybe 12 years gone. Stuck the voice mike right in front of a little Crate amp, cued up the original tune, and played along. Not bad for a low-tech first take, if I do say so myself. The full audio version is on my Soundcloud page, but I recorded it years before Soundcloud was a thing. Was just remembering how much fun it was to jam on back in the late 70s.

As for this one, I was in a YouTube rabbit hole when this video came up. I started wondering if there was a way to get my audio onto it... an hour or so later, there was!

Return to Share Your Kiesel Guitars Made Music