I need help!

Official Forum for Tech Support from Kiesel Guitars Specialists

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy, Albert C

nick_zhj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: May 2019

I need help!

Postby nick_zhj » Fri May 17, 2019 8:17 am

I got a DC800 guitar, I am the second owner, so I want to know his configuration. I sent an email to service@kieselguitars.com. Didn't get a reply, someone helped me?
NO: 121500
my gmail nickzhj@gmail.com
thank you!

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 16941
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: I need help!

Postby spudmunkey » Fri May 17, 2019 8:33 am

They often take a long time to answer emails. The best way is to call, but if you post a good photo here, we could likely get you 90% of the way, or at least give some hints as to what it could be.

Sunset
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 2019

Re: I need help!

Postby Sunset » Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Warning: Kiesel N00b barging in...

I'm in the same boat. Called sales and was told to email the request along with pix and and serial# to sales@kiesel.com

That was 2 months ago and all I've heard is crickets.

OP, I was able to get a pretty good idea of the build by just getting on the online build config tool and going through all the options. The only items I'm still unsure about are the radius, fret size, and whether or not the neck is the thin option.

Good luck!

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 16941
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: I need help!

Postby spudmunkey » Fri May 17, 2019 5:39 pm

Sunset wrote:OP, I was able to get a pretty good idea of the build by just getting on the online build config tool and going through all the options. The only items I'm still unsure about are the radius, fret size, and whether or not the neck is the thin option.

Good luck!



This is a good idea, too...although I never turn down the opportunity to see more pics of guitars, and it's fun to play detective. :)

Not so much on the DC800 because it's newer, but it's fun to look at things like the width of the truss rod cover, or the woods used, or the lettering stamped on the bridge to help determine the age and specs of guitars here.

Their serial numbers don't "translate" to specific options...they are, for all intents and purposes, assigned sequentially (sort of...it's almost more like "randomly", with batches in sequence, so there's no easy way to pinpoint anything very accurately by that).

Sunset
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 2019

Re: I need help!

Postby Sunset » Sat May 18, 2019 8:21 am

spudmunkey wrote:

Their serial numbers don't "translate" to specific options...they are, for all intents and purposes, assigned sequentially (sort of...it's almost more like "randomly", with batches in sequence, so there's no easy way to pinpoint anything very accurately by that).


Interesting. Do you think the serial# can be used to reference a PO# and thus the build specs?

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 16941
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: I need help!

Postby spudmunkey » Sat May 18, 2019 8:52 am

Sunset wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:

Their serial numbers don't "translate" to specific options...they are, for all intents and purposes, assigned sequentially (sort of...it's almost more like "randomly", with batches in sequence, so there's no easy way to pinpoint anything very accurately by that).


Interesting. Do you think the serial# can be used to reference a PO# and thus the build specs?


For current builds, yes. And going back a handfull of years, yes. The further back you go (starting about 10-13-ish years ago maybe) though, there's an increasing likelihood of them having inaccurate or no records.

Sunset
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 2019

Re: I need help!

Postby Sunset » Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 am

Great info. Thx a bunch!

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 16941
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: I need help!

Postby spudmunkey » Sat May 18, 2019 10:34 am

Sunset wrote:Great info. Thx a bunch!


Image


Return to Customer Service & Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests