Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Official Forum for Tech Support from Kiesel Guitars Specialists

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy, Albert C

User avatar
brent
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: May 2011
Location: Virginia

Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby brent » Sun May 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi all. Can anyone help me find a replacement trem arm for 2016 HH2X with Jcustom XS trem? Either the regular one or the shortie one would work. Mike at Keisel has told me they cannot supply, difficult to believe since they are still taking orders for these guitars last time I looked. He referred me to JCustom, which has no website or even a phone number nearly as I can tell. Not the kind of service I expect, and in the meantime the guitar is out of service. For a fulltime musician this sucks! Any help would be so appreciated, thanks!
Keisel HH2X
Carvin H2T
Dean Boca electric 12-string
Frankenstrat
Frankentele
Yamaha baritone guitar
Ibanez bass
Seagull 25th Anniv. acoustic
Takamine EG523sc acoustic 12-string
Godin LaPatrie Concert Q-1 nylon
Korg, Yamaha and MAudio keyboards.
More information: http://www.brentbuckley.com

User avatar
colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1381
Joined: May 2013
Location: Close to the edge

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby colossal » Sun May 28, 2017 7:43 pm

Check out www.headlessusa.com. They are JCustom distributors. Talk to Don Greenwald.

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 15999
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby spudmunkey » Mon May 29, 2017 1:11 am

Yes, they are still taking orders for that model guitar, but it now has a completely different trem from a different company.

User avatar
brent
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: May 2011
Location: Virginia

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby brent » Mon May 29, 2017 11:41 am

colossal wrote:Check out http://www.headlessusa.com. They are JCustom distributors. Talk to Don Greenwald.
Thanks for the name colossal!
Keisel HH2X
Carvin H2T
Dean Boca electric 12-string
Frankenstrat
Frankentele
Yamaha baritone guitar
Ibanez bass
Seagull 25th Anniv. acoustic
Takamine EG523sc acoustic 12-string
Godin LaPatrie Concert Q-1 nylon
Korg, Yamaha and MAudio keyboards.
More information: http://www.brentbuckley.com

User avatar
brent
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: May 2011
Location: Virginia

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby brent » Mon May 29, 2017 11:44 am

spudmunkey wrote:Yes, they are still taking orders for that model guitar, but it now has a completely different trem from a different company.

Thanks spudmonkey. Still seems bogus that my six-month-old custom built guitar was made with parts that would shortly become unavailable.
Keisel HH2X
Carvin H2T
Dean Boca electric 12-string
Frankenstrat
Frankentele
Yamaha baritone guitar
Ibanez bass
Seagull 25th Anniv. acoustic
Takamine EG523sc acoustic 12-string
Godin LaPatrie Concert Q-1 nylon
Korg, Yamaha and MAudio keyboards.
More information: http://www.brentbuckley.com

marzzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Apr 2014

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby marzzz » Tue May 30, 2017 12:32 pm

brent wrote:Still seems bogus that my six-month-old custom built guitar was made with parts that would shortly become unavailable.

Well, unavailable to Kiesel; that was one of the reasons they redesigned the guitar and switched to Hipshot.

User avatar
colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1381
Joined: May 2013
Location: Close to the edge

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby colossal » Tue May 30, 2017 1:33 pm

marzzz wrote:
brent wrote:Still seems bogus that my six-month-old custom built guitar was made with parts that would shortly become unavailable.

Well, unavailable to Kiesel; that was one of the reasons they redesigned the guitar and switched to Hipshot.

Yep. JCustom's communication sucks on a good day, there have been stability issues and a lot of hassle associated with the trem, and Jeff wants American made products on his American made guitars.

marzzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Apr 2014

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby marzzz » Wed May 31, 2017 8:44 am

colossal wrote:Jeff wants American made products on his American made guitars.

My two HH2X's have been great, no problems with the trem. But I am kinda interested in checking out the Hipshot trem; I am thinking along the lines of a Vader V6X as opposed to the "new" Holdsworth. I see on the Kiesel website that you can now get the new Holdsworth pickups as a standard option (in place of the Lithiums).

User avatar
colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1381
Joined: May 2013
Location: Close to the edge

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby colossal » Wed May 31, 2017 10:46 am

marzzz wrote:
colossal wrote:Jeff wants American made products on his American made guitars.

My two HH2X's have been great, no problems with the trem. But I am kinda interested in checking out the Hipshot trem; I am thinking along the lines of a Vader V6X as opposed to the "new" Holdsworth. I see on the Kiesel website that you can now get the new Holdsworth pickups as a standard option (in place of the Lithiums).

I recently played an HH with the new Hipshot fixed bridge and it was fantastic. I have not tried the new trem yet. My JCustoms stay in tune just fine but I keep them in fixed mode most of the time.

marzzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Apr 2014

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby marzzz » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:19 am

colossal wrote:I recently played an HH with the new Hipshot fixed bridge and it was fantastic. I have not tried the new trem yet. My JCustoms stay in tune just fine but I keep them in fixed mode most of the time.

My CRM 2014 HH2X I generally keep locked down; I have the short trem arm on it for rare occasional use. The Teal 2016 HH2X I tend to use the (longer) trem more frequently; It was a bit more variable in tuning, but I used a little Nut Sauce™ on the rollers and it helped significantly. I also have gotten it set up well enough to lock down smoothly- it took awhile with the Teal, while the CRM was perfect right out of the box.

I am kinda curious how the "newest" HHX guitars (with Hipshot) compare tonally to the the "new" HHX models (last iteration with JCustom). They really are a radical departure with the hollowed-out back, trem springs like a strat, etc. To bad we never got to hear AH (RIP) play one.

User avatar
colossal
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Posts: 1381
Joined: May 2013
Location: Close to the edge

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby colossal » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:00 am

marzzz wrote:My CRM 2014 HH2X I generally keep locked down; I have the short trem arm on it for rare occasional use. The Teal 2016 HH2X I tend to use the (longer) trem more frequently; It was a bit more variable in tuning, but I used a little Nut Sauce™ on the rollers and it helped significantly. I also have gotten it set up well enough to lock down smoothly- it took awhile with the Teal, while the CRM was perfect right out of the box.

Yeah me too; locked most of the time. When I do use the trem, I use the little shorty arm. To do it all over again, I would probably have just gotten fixed bridges.

marzzz wrote:I am kinda curious how the "newest" HHX guitars (with Hipshot) compare tonally to the the "new" HHX models (last iteration with JCustom). They really are a radical departure with the hollowed-out back, trem springs like a strat, etc. To bad we never got to hear AH (RIP) play one.

I have really wondered that myself! I was talking to Chris N about this very thing a while ago. We were both wondering how changing the body cavity routing to accommodate the trem would affect the magic of the HH guitar (or if it even does :think: ). On the newest model I played (courtesy of a very nice member here) which had the fixed Hipshot bridge, the overall Holdsworth tone was there (sonorous mids and sustain), but that guitar had 10s on it where I use 8s so the higher string tension seemed to make the guitar a little faster. I loved that guitar but it sounded different than my HHs which are set up specifically towards that sax/cello/oboe Holdsworth sound.

marzzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Apr 2014

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby marzzz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Still thinking on getting a V6X; the website made a mistake regarding the Holdsworth pickups, they are actually a $20 upcharge for each, but I like having the option. I like the new Holdsworths in my latest teal HH2X, but was kinda unsure (based on videos) of how "modern sounding" the new Lithiums are on a Vader. They sounded very bright.

User avatar
arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Posts: 3922
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Oakhurst, NJ

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby arahobob » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:56 pm

marzzz wrote:Still thinking on getting a V6X; the website made a mistake regarding the Holdsworth pickups, they are actually a $20 upcharge for each, but I like having the option. I like the new Holdsworths in my latest teal HH2X, but was kinda unsure (based on videos) of how "modern sounding" the new Lithiums are on a Vader. They sounded very bright.


FWIW
The Holdsworth bridge pup sounded godly in my ash v6x
The lithium singles were amazing.
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

marzzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Apr 2014

Re: Help! - HH2X replacement trem arm

Postby marzzz » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:16 pm

arahobob wrote:FWIW
The Holdsworth bridge pup sounded godly in my ash v6x
The lithium singles were amazing.

I think if I were to get a V6X, I would probably go with the new Holdsworths.

FWIW, my Teal HH2X is heading back to Kiesel to file down a bit of fret sprout; I have been spending more time playing my 2014 CRM HH2X with the "old" Holdsworth pickups, and it just sounds amazing- very warm and full (and sustains forever...). It is so much fun to go back-and-forth between two contrasting guitars.


Return to Customer Service & Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests