How long for most builds?

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

User avatar
Omsong
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 499
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Somerton, AZ

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby Omsong » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:34 am

I just received my Fatboy after ordering it on Sept 4. That was about 10 weeks build and ship time. Have to keep in mind the build time depends on model and options - some taking longer, plus holidays in between. Some finishes take longer to apply and buff out. Also, I recall hearing that a build problem would delay delivery. Bet that rarely occurs, but it is a possibility. Can you imagine a set neck getting damaged after it's glued into a body? The build would have to re-start from scratch! Ouch.
Carvin (All Sold)
* Fatboy 2002 Cherry Sunburst Flame
* CT6M 2004 (apx.) Deep Tigers Eye Quilt
* Fatboy 2007 Clario Walnut Clear Gloss
* Bolt+ 2011 Deep Orange Flame
Kiesel
* Fatboy 2017 Deep Lava Flame

User avatar
Crinocerous
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: CT, USA

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby Crinocerous » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 am

just got my order in for a Vanquish bass last week of Oct. no color at all, just gloss Claro. does this mean Since the holidays fall in the 9-11 weeks that I'm actually looking at much much longer? :shock:
sb5000 fretless mahogany
sb5001 spalted maple/mahogany
V69k on the way!

User avatar
Omsong
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 499
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Somerton, AZ

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby Omsong » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 am

Crinocerous wrote:just got my order in for a Vanquish bass last week of Oct. no color at all, just gloss Claro. does this mean Since the holidays fall in the 9-11 weeks that I'm actually looking at much much longer? :shock:


Did a salesman give you an estimate? Figure that a couple of big holidays and January NAMM coming up might delay it a bit. Plus, I bet the orders step up close to Christmas. Add to that volume the announced price increases coming in January.
Carvin (All Sold)
* Fatboy 2002 Cherry Sunburst Flame
* CT6M 2004 (apx.) Deep Tigers Eye Quilt
* Fatboy 2007 Clario Walnut Clear Gloss
* Bolt+ 2011 Deep Orange Flame
Kiesel
* Fatboy 2017 Deep Lava Flame

User avatar
Crinocerous
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: CT, USA

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby Crinocerous » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Omsong wrote:
Crinocerous wrote:just got my order in for a Vanquish bass last week of Oct. no color at all, just gloss Claro. does this mean Since the holidays fall in the 9-11 weeks that I'm actually looking at much much longer? :shock:


Did a salesman give you an estimate? Figure that a couple of big holidays and January NAMM coming up might delay it a bit. Plus, I bet the orders step up close to Christmas. Add to that volume the announced price increases coming in January.


Actually my fiance ordered it for me as a reciprocal gift. I gave her an engagement ring she gives me a bass. Think she did it online so no salesman. (Definitely recommend planting that idea in your girl's head before popping the question haha) but the suspense is killing me especially since I'm flying blind. My last two orders were when they still sent the postcard so no worries. Now who knows..
sb5000 fretless mahogany
sb5001 spalted maple/mahogany
V69k on the way!

User avatar
spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Posts: 14396
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm

I don't say this to be mean, but late October use probably the worst time to order a guitar due to all of the holidays you will cross over as well as NAMM... but with all that said, the best time is always "now" because waiting longer wouldn't do you any favors because while you might get it quicker, you won't get it sooner. Like driving home in rush hour. If you leave later to avoid the traffic, you will spend less time in transit, but you will still get home later.
Last edited by spudmunkey on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crinocerous
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: CT, USA

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby Crinocerous » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:17 pm

spudmunkey wrote:I don't say this to be mean, but late October use probably the worst time to order a guitar due to all of the holidays you will cross over as well as NAMM... but with all that said, the best time is always "now" because waiting longer would do you any favors because while you might get it quicker, you won't get it sooner. Like driving home in rush hour. If you leave later to avoid the traffic, you will spend less time in transit, but you will still get home later.


I don't take offense but I still may cry . :( hoping for a miracle. :roll:
sb5000 fretless mahogany
sb5001 spalted maple/mahogany
V69k on the way!

User avatar
Terry Tibbs
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Links/Contact:

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby Terry Tibbs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Ordered mine September 28th and she popped up on Facebook November 12th. Haven’t gotten a shipping notice nor has my account been charged for the deposit remainder, but that’s a pretty darn fast build time of 6 weeks, especially since I had an option 50 and a black satin finish.

If I may high jack this thread:

“How Long For Facebook Photos To My Hands?”

User avatar
Crinocerous
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: CT, USA

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby Crinocerous » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:13 am

Terry Tibbs wrote:Ordered mine September 28th and she popped up on Facebook November 12th. Haven’t gotten a shipping notice nor has my account been charged for the deposit remainder, but that’s a pretty darn fast build time of 6 weeks, especially since I had an option 50 and a black satin finish.


Thanks hopefully they keep up that pace
sb5000 fretless mahogany
sb5001 spalted maple/mahogany
V69k on the way!


Return to The Waiting Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests