Two new builds about to go in...

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Two new builds about to go in...

Postby MarshallTSL » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:46 am

OK, I'm nuts.

Finally ordering my first bass, the ever-elegant Icon 5 string. And, a new Solo. I'll post more details after the order gets placed next week, but I was able to nab the Pick-Your-Top Quilted Spalted Maple for the Icon 5, and a completely sick Burled Walnut top for the Solo.
IN THE OVEN: Icon 5 Quilt Spalt, Solo 6x Burl Walnut. In rotation: Aries A6X Blue Hawaii Quilt, Aries A6X Crimson Flamed Redwood, SH65 Master Grade Ziricote, TL60C Black Cherry Quilt, HH2 Claro Walnut, CT6 Deep Blue Quilt

customaxe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Two new builds about to go in...

Postby customaxe » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:04 pm

MarshallTSL wrote:OK, I'm nuts.

Finally ordering my first bass, the ever-elegant Icon 5 string. And, a new Solo. I'll post more details after the order gets placed next week, but I was able to nab the Pick-Your-Top Quilted Spalted Maple for the Icon 5, and a completely sick Burled Walnut top for the Solo.

This is how it goes...I just got my buckeye Vader less than a month ago and I'm already thisclose to pulling the trigger on a second one. They're addictive!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:08 pm

darn...can't wait to see 'em. Spalted Icons always look killer, and that top was amazing if it's the one I'm thinking of. Congrats!

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Spud,

It was the Quilted Spalted PYTT posted on Instagram, but I never got to grab the image before they took it down!!!

I was actually going to have Flock check to see what they had left in the Chocolate Quilt Maple, but this one scratches all the itches.

The Burled Walnut top was literally right out of Jeff's wood closet, and it was only barely big enough to cost the Solo. I have a few pics of Jeff doing the bookmatching right in the closet. So stoked.

spudmunkey wrote:darn...can't wait to see 'em. Spalted Icons always look killer, and that top was amazing if it's the one I'm thinking of. Congrats!
IN THE OVEN: Icon 5 Quilt Spalt, Solo 6x Burl Walnut. In rotation: Aries A6X Blue Hawaii Quilt, Aries A6X Crimson Flamed Redwood, SH65 Master Grade Ziricote, TL60C Black Cherry Quilt, HH2 Claro Walnut, CT6 Deep Blue Quilt

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:02 am

Jeff bookmatching some tops directly from the wood vault:

Jeff Bookmatching The Quilted Spalted Maple Top 55875425_777148545990734_614505413697601536_n.jpg

Jeff Bookmatching The Burled Walnut 56236120_823344681359886_73091156442873856_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Just left the showroom and saw the tops live today. I guess I should change the title of this post to: officially in the waiting room.

I want to put a plug in for Flock. It really doesn't get better - he frickin' knows everything. If you are within spitting (or flying distance), and want to do something special, please make an appointment with him and work through all of your details. There's a new guy in the showroom, Chris (not Hong). A real bass player is in the house now.

And, a sincere thanks to Jeff for taking time to hang today.

The Icon is going to get a "chocolate ash" body. it's going to be sick.

They're going to put creme (not white) body binding on the Solo, which should really complement the walnut top, the parchment pickups, and the Ivory TUSQ Nut. Getting a plain baked maple neck and a baked flamed maple fretboard on the Solo.

The woods may not pop in these photos, but please consider that they're dry.

Icon 5 Top Pic 1 small 20190411_124855.jpg

Solo Top Pic 1 small 20190411_121803.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

amispy
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby amispy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:42 pm

MarshallTSL wrote:There's a new guy in the showroom, Chris (not Hong). A real bass player is in the house now.

Keith is a real bass player. I've called in a few orders and gotten him as my sales man.

MarshallTSL wrote:The woods may not pop in these photos, but please consider that they're dry.

Wow! Those are stunning. I can't image how great they'll look when finished. Congrats!
AE185, 2 x A6H, AB5, Bolt, Cobalt 750T, DC200T, 2 x DC7X, D6H, 2 x D6X, JB200C, JH6, LB75, PB5, V220M, KV6X, 2 x V59K

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:21 pm

I think it's why it's called "disposable" income...

customaxe wrote:This is how it goes...I just got my buckeye Vader less than a month ago and I'm already thisclose to pulling the trigger on a second one. They're addictive!

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:07 am

Just saw the fretboard for my upcoming Solo posted on facebook. At least I think it's mine. Roasted Flame Maple Fretboard, MOP Diamond inlays.

https://www.facebook.com/kieselguitars/photos/pcb.2356276591322296/2356276451322310/?type=3&theater

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Boys and girls, here's the Burled Walnut Solo, in process.

Tuffer Dawg Kiesel Solo 6x Burl Walnut Baked Chocolate Ash No Pickups 2019-07-10.jpg

Tuffer Dawg Kiesel Solo 6x Burl Walnut Baked Chocolate Ash Bench 2019-07-10.jpg

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:59 pm

That cream binding, I think, is a great-looking choice! And a sexy top, to boot!

Return to The Waiting Room