First Kiesel; Aries A6x

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

JFRiley

First Kiesel; Aries A6x

Postby JFRiley » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 am

I ordered my first Kiesel, an Aries A6x! Mr. Mike Jones was a super big help walking me through the process.

2 and a half weeks down; but I’m not sure if they are still open given the virus. Still, I’m glad I pulled the trigger.

A6X ARIES 6w/KIESEL 1,249.00
CS CLEAR SATIN MATTE FINISH 50.00
Black Limba Body Maple neck 100.00
5ML 5PC-MAPLE NECK W/LIMBA STR 200.00
THNN THINNER NECK PROFILE 60.00
LMBH LIMBA BLACK HEADSTOCK 40.00
EFB Ebony w/ less color variat 40.00
ID DOT SHAPE INLAYS 1 .00
IMP MOP INLAYS 1 .00
STF STAINLESS STEEL FRETS .00
KLN INSTALL Lithium Neck P.U. 1 .00
PIB INSTALL Illusonist Bridge 1 .00
PPG PICKUP POLES GOLD 1 30.00
BLACK CHROME Hardware 30.00
GOLD DROP SHADOW LOGO 30.00
Custom Fret Cover 20.00

clayyton

Re: First Kiesel; Aries A6x

Postby clayyton » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Dude that thing is going to shred! Congrats on your first Kiesel.

They are still open with everything going on, they’ve just shifted to four 10 hour days instead of five 8 hour days for the workshop. They’ve also closed the showroom unless you’ve made an appointment and plan to purchase a guitar. But other than that, they’re going full steam ahead!

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:57 am

That is VERY good news, thank you! Now I just need to weeks to tick by...

Of course GAS is setting in as I’m already planning my next one.

theleftylair
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby theleftylair » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:28 pm

JFRiley wrote:That is VERY good news, thank you! Now I just need to weeks to tick by...

Of course GAS is setting in as I’m already planning my next one.

The slippery slope of ordering custom builds. Once you get one order in you wanna get the next one going right away :lol: Happened to me, now I have 3 in the works. Sounds like a killer Aries build. Gonna have to put some photos up when it arrives.
Current Builds (of course lefties): Double-Neck Osiris, HD-FG2, CAM6, and DCM6 ///Past Kiesels: CS624, HH2 (Fretless), and CC275
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theleftylair/

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:22 am

That is EXACTLY how I feel, lol. I will certainly post pics upon arrival.

Can someone tell me what to expect in the coming weeks? Do I get any updates/pictures of the finished product or will I just find a package on my door at some point?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:08 am

You should get an email from FedEx (not Kiesel) when the shipping label is created. The only for sure way to get any progress pics is to get a Kiesel Edition upgrade package. Otherwise if you stalk all of the factory walk through vids and Jeff and Kiesel's facebook and instagram you *might* get a passing glance, but more likely not.

But effectively, radio silence until it ships. And remember, if you are given any sort of dates it's merely an ESTIMATED ship date, not a "scheduled" one.

theleftylair
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby theleftylair » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:48 pm

"And remember, if you are given any sort of dates it's merely an ESTIMATED ship date, not a "scheduled" one."

I strongly agree with this! Jeff said today they are at 10 weeks right now. Give them the full 10-12 though and closely monitor the FB and IG pages. He's been greatly lately at showing off the builds in the works. That said, I have yet to see one of my builds :lol: But I continue to watch the videos closely.
Current Builds (of course lefties): Double-Neck Osiris, HD-FG2, CAM6, and DCM6 ///Past Kiesels: CS624, HH2 (Fretless), and CC275

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:22 am

Four weeks down today!

I trolled Jeff's Instagram page...some cool pics there. Let the countdown begin.

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Ok, with nothing to do while locked in the house except wait for my guitar I thought up a new random question.

What’s the deal with the guitars Jeff signs? He doesn’t do that on all of them, does he?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:09 pm

JFRiley wrote:Ok, with nothing to do while locked in the house except wait for my guitar I thought up a new random question.

What’s the deal with the guitars Jeff signs? He doesn’t do that on all of them, does he?

Now, but he does sign "run" guitars, and on normal builds if people request it. I think "Kiesel editions" too, but I'm not certain on that.

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:59 pm

Five weeks down!

I’ve been watching the Facebook live feeds, very interesting “inside baseball” view of the company. It did generate a couple of financial questions:

- Jeff has footstomped several times about the need to pay for the guitars in full before they shop; I paid 20% down and assumed I would be notified when the guitar was finished to finalize payment, is that not the case? If not I’ll probably just pay for it this week to be done with it.
- Jeff also mentioned the Aries comes with a free soft case; that wasn’t being offered when I ordered last month, would they let me switch from the hard case I ordered?
- finally, every time I’ve played with the guitar builder online it always includes a $100 “discount” at the end, but my invoice doesn’t reflect that; is that because I ordered via phone?

mbardu
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby mbardu » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:25 pm

JFRiley wrote:Five weeks down!

I’ve been watching the Facebook live feeds, very interesting “inside baseball” view of the company. It did generate a couple of financial questions:

- Jeff has footstomped several times about the need to pay for the guitars in full before they shop; I paid 20% down and assumed I would be notified when the guitar was finished to finalize payment, is that not the case? If not I’ll probably just pay for it this week to be done with it.

They will try to call you once the guitar is ready, but it may take them a couple of days to do so, and you may miss their call. If you call them a bit before the due date in order to settle the 80% balance, they will mark it as paid right away and it would reduce the wait time.

JFRiley wrote:- Jeff also mentioned the Aries comes with a free soft case; that wasn’t being offered when I ordered last month, would they let me switch from the hard case I ordered?

Usually if they are having promos or specials, they cannot be applied retroactively once you have finalized and set your order in motion.

JFRiley wrote:- finally, every time I’ve played with the guitar builder online it always includes a $100 “discount” at the end, but my invoice doesn’t reflect that; is that because I ordered via phone?

That one is weird.
Even when ordering over the phone (which is really what you should be doing), you should receive a copy of the invoice at your email, and it should include:
OPTDISC-100 -100.00 PROMO FOR OPTION D 1 _____ _____ 100.00- 100.00

At the end.

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Thanks for the help. I've been trolling the IG and Facebook pages and Jeff is still showcasing guitars that haven't been paid for just sitting around. Message received, lol. I just paid mine off. Nearly seven weeks down; almost there!

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Fri May 01, 2020 9:40 am

I SWEAR I thought I saw my guitar yesterday. They posted a black limba, which is what I am waiting on. Closer inspection revealed it to be a multiscale, so no luck.

Still, 8 weeks down today!

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Thu May 07, 2020 4:13 pm

Week 9 tomorrow on my Aries A6x, here’s hoping I get some news soon!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu May 07, 2020 4:29 pm

I'm excited to see it, when it arrives! :applause:

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Tue May 12, 2020 10:01 am

Week 9+; no shipping labels yet...fingers crossed

JFRiley

Postby JFRiley » Fri May 22, 2020 3:14 pm

It's Here!

Plays like a champ; exceeded all expectations.

Now the GAS is really creeping in as I plan my next one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri May 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Noice! Welcome to the "Aries" club. :) Looks comfy/cozy with the natural wood and satin finish.

theleftylair
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby theleftylair » Fri May 22, 2020 10:15 pm

You lucky dog! You got this "early"... considering they were at 14 weeks for a while and now they are at 16 weeks. Build looks really great. Enjoy it over this weekend.

I'm telling you it always seems like once you receive the build then you're ready to get the next one going :lol: Or in my case, I got the next build(s) going before I even received the first one I ordered.

Return to The Waiting Room