K7X - Reverse Earth on Burled Maple

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb

dcosgrove

K7X - Reverse Earth on Burled Maple

Postby dcosgrove » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Hi all, I posted about this guitar on the FB group too but figured I would post about it here :)

Specs:

Model: K7X
Body: Mahogany w/ natural clear finish
Top: 7A Burled Maple, Reverse Earth + clear gloss finish
Neck: 7 piece walnut, tune oiled back of neck
Fretboard: Roasted Flamed Maple w/ black crescent inlay(no dots), 20" radius
Pickups: Lithiums w/ covers
Hardware: everything black

This is actually my 2nd Kiesel, as I bought a used Z7X about a year ago, and have since stopped playing my other guitars...but I have to say that I'm really excited to have specced one out for myself. This will be the nicest guitar I've ever owned by a country mile - I am fortunate to know a Kiesel artist that let me try a bunch of his K-series(and other models) with various configurations which helped me have a lot of confidence in many of the choices.

With regard to the top being "reverse earth", another customer previously ordered a "reverse earth" buckeye burl top on a DC700 which really blew me away. I always knew that I wanted some sort of brown top on my K, and spent some time debating between various brown-ish finishes that would be transparent enough to see the figuring in the wood. I actually don't have much of a precise idea at all with regard to what I'm hoping it looks like - I really do love every earth, reverse earth, trans brown, brown caliburst, etc finishes that I've ever seen from Kiesel, so I'm really eager to see what Jeff comes up with when he does the finish.

I put in the order in the 2nd week of May and at the time, Mike told me over the phone that due to increased order demand, we could be looking at 18 weeks for the build. I'm in no hurry and have my Zeus to keep me company until the K7X arrives, so I'm roughly planning on it arriving in the Fall/Winter.

Here is the aforementioned DC700 w/ reverse earth which captured my heart -
60210329_2341307186152570_3359227676073132032_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: K7X - Reverse Earth on Burled Maple

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Dude, that is seriously sexy. I dont care for "earth", but Reverse Earth is killer, and that grain pattern is awesome with it!

madvillebirdman

Re: K7X - Reverse Earth on Burled Maple

Postby madvillebirdman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:03 am

I really like that. Beautiful guitar!

Return to The Waiting Room