1st Kiesel ever: HH2X!

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy, RockCrue, soundchick

FantasticBear

1st Kiesel ever: HH2X!

Postby FantasticBear » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:16 pm

Welp! Paid my deposit and got email confirmation that my HH2X is in production! I've recently been on a quest, if you will, to radically improve my technique, knowledge, and overall musicianship, and I think headless is the way to go. Been a Holdsworth (RIP) fan for a few years; hearing him discuss the balance of his HH2 really interested me. Been an Ibanez man for years, love my JEM and RG9QM, but the neck dive gets a bit fatiguing, especially the 9-string. Basically, I'm excited to see how the HH2 feels and plays, but have a inkling that it'll be much better than what I'm currently using. It's really my first professional-quality electric.

Anyhow, just thought I'd gush a bit and share the specs as my wait begins. Any current/previous HH2/X owners wanna share their opinions of it? Good? Bad? Amazing? Fast? etc.

HH2X Holdsworth headless w/ Kiesel Hipshot
Mahogany neck and body
Blood red
Clear Satin-Matte finish
Thinner neck profile
Ebony fingerboard w/ less colour variation
No top inlays - side dots only
Stainless jumbo frets
Holdsworth neck and bridge pickups
Dome knob replacement
Black logo
Ultimate soft head case

Stay shreddy!

ElfDude

Re: 1st Kiesel ever: HH2X!

Postby ElfDude » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:15 am

I'm excited for you!

Can't wait to hear your report when you get it. 8)
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:52 pm

Me too. I travel with my HH2 all the time.
CS3x MIDI Candy Apple Red (on order), Icon 5 Spalted Flamed Maple, Solo 6x Burl Walnut, Aries A6X Blue Hawaii Quilt Maple, Aries A6X Crimson Flamed Redwood, SH65 Master Grade Ziricote, TL60C Black Cherry Quilt, HH2 Claro Walnut, CT6 Deep Blue Quilt

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:17 pm

My little road warrior. She's a great traveler.

This pic is on an in-room couch in a nameless, soulless hotel room in a nameless, soulless town.

The pickups are the Seymour Hotrodded JB / Jazz set.

1657.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.
CS3x MIDI Candy Apple Red (on order), Icon 5 Spalted Flamed Maple, Solo 6x Burl Walnut, Aries A6X Blue Hawaii Quilt Maple, Aries A6X Crimson Flamed Redwood, SH65 Master Grade Ziricote, TL60C Black Cherry Quilt, HH2 Claro Walnut, CT6 Deep Blue Quilt

FantasticBear

Postby FantasticBear » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:35 am

Ooooh, very nice, sir!

Got an email about a week ago from Keith saying that my order has been delayed as they're waiting on a shipment of bridges from Hipshot. Not the best news, but hopefully the wait will be worth it!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:34 am

Ooh that looks great! Congrats!

MarshallTSL
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MarshallTSL » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:45 pm

I have no doubt. The JCUSTOM bridge is not a fan favorite.

FantasticBear wrote:Ooooh, very nice, sir!

Got an email about a week ago from Keith saying that my order has been delayed as they're waiting on a shipment of bridges from Hipshot. Not the best news, but hopefully the wait will be worth it!

FantasticBear

Postby FantasticBear » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:04 pm

Yippee! Got my FedEx email (and subsequent FedEx import charges email too...) and it should be here by next week. Just might be the longest 7 days of my life.

I recently played a student's new MIJ Strat and fell in love w/ the feel. The action was beautiful and the whole thing just played so slinkily. Normally not a Fender fan, but this one was definitely an exception. Got me thinking that if my HH2X feels and plays even slightly better than that I'll be a happy dude for a long time.

Here's hoping it'll be worth the wait.

FantasticBear

Postby FantasticBear » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:17 am

It's here! Spent an hour or two waiting on my verandah like Charlie Brown at the mailbox, but the wait was definitely worth it. Will post pics soon as well as my general impressions, but - spoiler alert - they're great so far! Also massive thanks to Keith from the international sales department for putting up w/ my incessant questioning and for his friendly and quick responses. You rock, dude.

FantasticBear

Postby FantasticBear » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:15 am

Here 'tis. Image quality's a bit naff, but when the colour's so simple there's not really much to show off. Not that that's a bad thing; I like the simple Blood Red, especially w/ the satin finish. The whole thing's so smooth and fast to play.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please REGISTER or LOG IN.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:31 am

Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, Bolt T, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100

PastorDave
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby PastorDave » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:41 am

Nice, I Love the red!! :applause:
God bless, Pastor Dave
Carvin SH60!!!!!

SailorSparky

Postby SailorSparky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:42 pm

Very nice, I've been thinking about ordering a very similar HH2. I have a Vadar and its hands down the best playing guitar I've ever owned. How do you like the Holdsworth pickups?

FantasticBear

Postby FantasticBear » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:19 am

SailorSparky wrote:Very nice, I've been thinking about ordering a very similar HH2. I have a Vadar and its hands down the best playing guitar I've ever owned. How do you like the Holdsworth pickups?

They're great! Granted, my previous guitars set the bar rather low but I think they're quite versatile. I was pleasantly surprised by just how well the bridge pickup does modern prog-metal-y crunch and how nice the middle position is for cleans. The mahogany neck and body do lend a certain warmth to everything (just what I wanted) but w/o really cutting the highs.

I'm no tonal expert, and I still have some fiddling to do before I find 'my' sound, but you can tell from first listen that they're high quality pickups. Noodling's become more addictive than ever as the combination of the radius, action, and high gain make the notes feel and sound so buttery/liquid/smooth/etc.

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:59 am

FantasticBear wrote:
SailorSparky wrote:Very nice, I've been thinking about ordering a very similar HH2. I have a Vadar and its hands down the best playing guitar I've ever owned. How do you like the Holdsworth pickups?

They're great! Granted, my previous guitars set the bar rather low but I think they're quite versatile. I was pleasantly surprised by just how well the bridge pickup does modern prog-metal-y crunch and how nice the middle position is for cleans. The mahogany neck and body do lend a certain warmth to everything (just what I wanted) but w/o really cutting the highs.

I'm no tonal expert, and I still have some fiddling to do before I find 'my' sound, but you can tell from first listen that they're high quality pickups. Noodling's become more addictive than ever as the combination of the radius, action, and high gain make the notes feel and sound so buttery/liquid/smooth/etc.

If I may throw in my two cents (I know nobody asked)... when it comes to clean humbucker sounds, I haven't found anything to I like more than the Holdsworths. Wonderful clarity. Chime and warmth at the same time. None of the mud so common in humbuckers. If you're after the big meat of some form of Super Distortion pickup or the twang of old Filter'trons then they can be beat. But for PAF sounds or oldies or classic rock, there's nothing I'd rather have.

Return to The Waiting Room