Finally did it

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Finally did it

Postby Bob C » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:58 am

After 18 years since my last Carvin and months of research and waffling, I placed my order with Mike Jones today!

AB4 Aries bass
Maple neck with walnut stripes
Nightburst (gradual)
Maple fingerboard
KRJ bridge and SCP neck pups
bevel delete
2 volumes replace blend.

I had to call Mike right back because I actually forgot to tell him this order was for a left handed bass!
Last edited by Bob C on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

crushed65

Re: Finally did it

Postby crushed65 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Looking forward to seeing how the gradual Nightburst looks.

nulautre
Links/Contact:

Postby nulautre » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:35 pm

Congrats man!

We must have been on the phone at the same time :)

(i just ordered my first Kiesel bass)

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:01 pm

crushed65, I'm not wild about the bursts that have a thin, sharp outline. They're less noticeable on flame, quilt or burl tops, but I ordered plain alder. So, I requested "gradual" and Mike said he'd see what they could do. Either way, it's not a deal breaker.

nulautre, the automated answering said I was third in line. Didn't have to wait on hold long. Probably took 20 minutes to place my order, as I was a bit nervous and excited. Then after I realized I'd forgotten to order LEFT HANDED, I pretty much freaked out - called back and got Mike right away.

Now I need to forget about everything for the next 10 weeks. :roll:
Last edited by Bob C on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

MikeBass
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MikeBass » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Very cool! You're going to love the Aries body, it's very comfortable. I really like the choice of nightburst too, this bass will definitely be worth the 18 year wait :applause:
Kiesel basses, lots of pedals, nothing wrong

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:36 am

Thanks Mike. Still playing my LB70 that I bought in 1998. I was keen on the PB4 since they first came out, but kept putting off ordering one. Then, when the Aries model came along I got GAS all over again.

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:42 am

Pushing this to the top, since I'm now into week 7 of the wait. After week 5, I emailed Mike Jones to make sure the build had begun and that it is indeed a lefthand model. Big "yes" on both.

I spent some time today learning to post photos (Thanks, spudmunkey) so there shall be no "No Cowbelling" taunts on delivery day.

To recap the options:
AB4 passive bolt-on, maple board, SCP and JRAD (Is that what it's called??) pups. All those features being the opposite of my current LB70.

I wrestled with whether to get a single coil in the bridge position and decided if the noise is too much, I'll buy a radiused humbucker and swap it out. OR perhaps I'll get a noise gate. Any thoughts on this?

I'm hoping this will be the ultimate classic and modern rock bass. I consider the look of it to be "traditional with a modern flair". I'm anxious to see how the requested gradual Nightburst finish turns out.
Last edited by Bob C on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Hey nulautre,

Any word on yours yet (What exactly did you order, anyway?)? We are almost at the end of week 10!

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:53 am

I saw my bass on Facebook today! Now to wait for the Fed Ex Delivery manager email and schedule a pickup time.

Return to The Waiting Room