Bit The Bullet

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Bit The Bullet

Postby texastoast » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:08 pm

ghostryder wrote:This is really sad. Good guitar companies stand by their product. You can't even argue that it is a burl top - and if the person with authority picked it out - he shouldn't be in that position because an average 8 year old would do a better job.

There's only one way to handle a complaint like this. And this example is one on not how to handle it. But to cheer those up let me post how you gain customers for life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HusbWzMR5J0

Imagine. He was the second owner. It was used. They still stood behind it. I've never really explored RPS guitars being a fender guy but this video certainly makes me respect the company a whole lot more.

Whereas this thread has the opposite effect. $400 for a top you did not get - and an attitude on it is simply bazaar.

That is amazing service.

Big O

Postby Big O » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 am

ghostryder wrote:This is really sad. Good guitar companies stand by their product. You can't even argue that it is a burl top - and if the person with authority picked it out - he shouldn't be in that position because an average 8 year old would do a better job.

There's only one way to handle a complaint like this. And this example is one on not how to handle it. But to cheer those up let me post how you gain customers for life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HusbWzMR5J0

Imagine. He was the second owner. It was used. They still stood behind it. I've never really explored RPS guitars being a fender guy but this video certainly makes me respect the company a whole lot more.

Whereas this thread has the opposite effect. $400 for a top you did not get - and an attitude on it is simply bazaar.

Wow! I did not know this about PRS. I have a Custom 24 very similar to the one in the video, which I bought used and it has a couple of dings and a small chip on the top. The only thing I don't like about the guitar is the neck is too thin for my taste, but otherwise a great guitar. I guess I should have bought a Custom 22 instead. I also have a PRS SE Singlecut Soapbar, which has the fatter neck and I love it. Bought it during the the Gibson lawsuit era after the cease and desist order was given to PRS thinking it would increase the value and it certainly did for awhile, but Gibson lost the suit and it is now worth about what I paid for it if I wanted to sell it, but of course I won't.

Unfortunately I have heard and read of many more difficulties with Kiesel builds, some similar to mine, and with similar results. Other than the expensive top I paid for, the rest of the guitar is absolutely fabulous with no problems of any sort. However, I feel lucky as some people have had issues with string alignment, tremolo position, etc., which are perfect on my guitar.

Billyk

Postby Billyk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:17 pm

Wow so sorry for you. I have looked at Carvin catalogs since 1966. I was too poor to buy one. I just ordered my first Bass from Carvin/Kiesel,and your post made me a little uncomfortable. I am hoping mine turns out well. They do state that the custom tops are not returnable. But in your case it is almost like a different model all together.The best to you my brother.

Return to The Waiting Room