How long for most builds?

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby gumbynotpokey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 am

Also, it seems from out here that they have a "do it/don't do it" decision making process, and bottom line drives that.

Upside: For them, bottom line is not mere profit. Bottom line for them is the quality/cost proposition. They excel at that.

Downside: But that leads us back to their area of relative weakness. They eliminated sending post cards on estimated completion dates. And we don't get an email when the order goes out; we only get one when it comes in to them. Why? Their definition of bottom line is not helped by sending postcards and emails out.

One other area of speculation I have been considering for some time is this. Precision. Their long history of building prosound gear, pickups, electronics in house - and instruments - emphasizes precision. They talk about it incessantly, as well they should. "1/10,000th of a human hair" is what we hear, etc. I speculate they are unconsciously driven by constantly trying to solve the problem of "noise vs frequency". In sound, in the build process -- in everything. One example of that would be the relative noise generated by attempting to send emails, receiving mailer error response messages, dead addresses, etc etc. That's a lot of noise on a constant basis for them to absorb, hold, accept, remedy and ultimately never really control or solve. They want precision. (But that goes to the OUTPUTS TO US and OUR CUSTOMER PROCESS part of the diagram, so it gets dropped, as a solution, since it doesn't impact their definition of bottom line).

:think:
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby slayer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Actually well put. There are 3 things that kinda bother me. One is telling us before they bill our credit cards, when the guitar is shipped and the biggie what they will do and won`t do. Each sales person tells people different things at different times and confuses us all. I know they can do all of those things so why tell one person yes and another know blows my mind. Just charge accordingly. One perfect example is leave the SC90 model programmed into the CNC. If someone wants one charge accordingly and Option 50 it. That is just 1 example. The Bolt + is another and the ST300 is another.
Bring Back the "ST" Body!!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:35 pm

slayer wrote:One is telling us before they bill our credit cards

I suppose I can see why someone might want this, but I guess in my head "the balance is due in about 2-4 months" is enough for me to make sure I'd have the funds set. Not being able to charge until hey get ahold of the customer (because if you just send out an email or try to call but leave a message, there will always be people who say they didn't get the message), it would likely cause a back-up in the shipping dept.

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby slayer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:44 pm

spudmunkey wrote:
slayer wrote:One is telling us before they bill our credit cards

I suppose I can see why someone might want this, but I guess in my head "the balance is due in about 2-4 months" is enough for me to make sure I'd have the funds set. Not being able to charge until hey get ahold of the customer (because if you just send out an email or try to call but leave a message, there will always be people who say they didn't get the message), it would likely cause a back-up in the shipping dept.

You make very good points. I`m just gonna pay a little ahead of time for the peace of mind for sure :rockon:

11CaliSpecGT
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby 11CaliSpecGT » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Now that my VB4 has been delivered, I have a quick question. Does Kiesel send a discount coupon out like Carvin used to do, to be used on next purchase? Tried searching for coupon and discount but dudn’t get any hits.
AC375, HH2, DC135, Ultra V, CS6M, V3MC/212S
XB75/PB4/VB4/MB1215

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:22 pm

11CaliSpecGT wrote:Now that my VB4 has been delivered, I have a quick question. Does Kiesel send a discount coupon out like Carvin used to do, to be used on next purchase? Tried searching for coupon and discount but dudn’t get any hits.

We were told this ended. Right?
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:24 pm

I don't think they've done that in years. I bought my first in CS6, and never got one, don't remember anyone else saying they got one at that time...2008.

There is a referral program, though, and that have periodic sales throughout the year (usually not just a $ off, but usually free cases, free stainless fret upgrades, etc.

pbass6811
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby pbass6811 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:30 pm

jflo577 wrote:Tomorrow marks 15 weeks for me...

I don't want to be the annoying person who calls to ask for an update but it gets more and more tempting each day.

This seems to happen to me at every order.

1. VB5/satin black/ordered on 2/3/17-Anticipated completion date 4/19/17-finished and shipped on 5/10/17-about 13.5 weeks
2. VB5F/Black Cherry Gloss Flame/ordered on 3/31/17-I didn't ask for an ACD-shipped on 7/11/2017-about 14.5 weeks
3. CT324X/Primer Gray(Option 50)/Ordered on 6/18/17(Father's Day Special)-Didn't ask for and ACD-still waiting-my 15th week will be this Sunday.
4. VB4/Deep Purple Flame/Ordered on 7/28/17(free case special)-didn't ask for an ACD-I'll start worrying about that one at the end of Oct.

I know nothing of these 8 and 10 week builds you guys speak of... :roll:

I get the K-Series guitars taking a while, since one guy works on those, but I just feel like they could have a small dept that will actually go look for order statuses and let us know what's up when guys like us call and ask "this person's guitar took 8-weeks to get done, what's causing mine to take twice that?"
-VB4/FDP
-VB5/fretted/White-Blue
-VB5/fretted/Satin Jet Black
-VB5/fretless/FDBC
-CT324X/Primer Gray

robertsfd2002

Postby robertsfd2002 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:03 am

I just saw mine posted to Facebook and today marks exactly 10 weeks from placing my order. She's a beauty. Will try to include the picture here.

Now just waiting on the FedEx notification.

22136926_1971903949759564_7174225574749447809_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

baron55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby baron55 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:46 pm

pbass6811 wrote:

I don't want to be the annoying person who calls to ask for an update but it gets more and more tempting each day.

1. VB5/satin black/ordered on 2/3/17-Anticipated completion date 4/19/17-finished and shipped on 5/10/17-about 13.5 weeks
2. VB5F/Black Cherry Gloss Flame/ordered on 3/31/17-I didn't ask for an ACD-shipped on 7/11/2017-about 14.5 weeks
3. CT324X/Primer Gray(Option 50)/Ordered on 6/18/17(Father's Day Special)-Didn't ask for and ACD-still waiting-my 15th week will be this Sunday.
4. VB4/Deep Purple Flame/Ordered on 7/28/17(free case special)-didn't ask for an ACD-I'll start worrying about that one at the end of Oct.

I get the K-Series guitars taking a while, since one guy works on those, but I just feel like they could have a small dept that will actually go look for order statuses and let us know what's up when guys like us call and ask "this person's guitar took 8-weeks to get done, what's causing mine to take twice that?"

I think it depends on the type of guitar and wood finish options. I have never had any guitar (ordered 3) Take longer than 7 weeks. 2 had no tops and the ST300 had a basic plain maple cap.
2001 Carvin Bolt
2015 Carvin ST300
2016 Aries A6

pbass6811
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby pbass6811 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:11 pm

baron55 wrote:
pbass6811 wrote:

I think it depends on the type of guitar and wood finish options. I have never had any guitar (ordered 3) Take longer than 7 weeks. 2 had no tops and the ST300 had a basic plain maple cap.

I've not been that lucky with any of my builds. My The first VB5 I mentioned was Satin Black! My missing CT324X is an Option 50 color, but it's Primer Gray, not like it's some crazy fade. Someone is supposed to be looking for it, so, hopefully, I'll have some info tomorrow...
-VB4/FDP
-VB5/fretted/White-Blue
-VB5/fretless/FDBC
-CT324X/Primer Gray

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:58 am

I saw my new bass on Facebook this morning. Just a few days past 10 weeks. And we had two government holidays in that span, so maybe it comes out exact. I'll be looking for my FedEx email tomorrow!

PO0784

Postby PO0784 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:50 am

As for me...

Ordered on august 22. ETA date = TODAY lol.

So now, I'm just hoping it pops on FB before friday :( or else get a shipping notice....

The wait is killing me. When you guys said it took a long time, did you initially got a ETA date or not?

:woot:

Tremor9111
Links/Contact:

Postby Tremor9111 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:53 am

I will be 10 weeks on Friday. They were nice enough to let me change my top color to a custom color, about a week after I placed my order though. I know they don't like making changes after it's ordered but they did.

So, I'm not complaining, I just hope it's done pretty soon. The health issue I have is not giving me a break. Nothing I can do to slow that down.

Mike & Jeff have been great to work with and my son is saving up to start a build of his own.

I will keep scanning FB and my email. Any sign of my guitar and it will help keep me going... :D

Sam

pbass6811
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby pbass6811 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:15 am

PO0784 wrote:As for me...

Ordered on august 22. ETA date = TODAY lol.

So now, I'm just hoping it pops on FB before friday :( or else get a shipping notice....

The wait is killing me. When you guys said it took a long time, did you initially got a ETA date or not?

:woot:

I asked for an ECD(Expected completion date)on my first order. When that date came and went with no bass, and no explanation, I got a bit antsy. It showed up about 3 weeks later. After that, I stopped asking for ECD's.

The two I'm waiting on this week are the longest and shortest waits I've had-
-18 weeks for my CT324X(ordered on 6/18-shipped on 10/16)
-11.5 weeks for my VB4(ordered on 7/28-shipped on 10/17)

I decided that asking for an ECD was a form of self-torture that I'm not into. Unfortunately, things happen that can screw up a timetable, so I figure I'll try to get info when I feel it's appropriate. I'd say to take your ECD with a grain of salt.

Having said all that, it still takes less time to get a custom Kiesel than it does to get any other custom instrument I've ever ordered...
-VB4/FDP
-VB5/fretted/White-Blue
-VB5/fretless/FDBC
-CT324X/Primer Gray

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:49 am

I ordered on Sept 1 (2017) and was told around 10 to 12 weeks...
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '17 Fatboy, Deep Lava Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Bob C » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 pm

robertsfd2002 wrote:I just saw mine posted to Facebook and today marks exactly 10 weeks from placing my order. She's a beauty. Will try to include the picture here.

Now just waiting on the FedEx notification.

22136926_1971903949759564_7174225574749447809_o.jpg

Did you get your notification or your guitar yet? I saw mine on Facebook six days ago. Checking my email every day, but no news yet.

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby slayer » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:35 pm

I never saw mine on Facebook, but I received my new JB200 in 6 weeks and have had it a week. Trying to fugure out how to post pics without Photobucket.

tg1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tg1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:50 am

My SCB6 appeared on facebook and was shipped the same day, just shy of 11 weeks :)

Big O

Postby Big O » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:04 am

Been waiting for mine for quite awhile. Ordered mine on 7/31/2017 and was told it would ship last week of September. Then I got an update and was informed that it would be first couple of weeks in October. Now it’s going on the second week of November and still nothing. I did have one Option 50, which was adding a PTB circuit to the tone controls. The reason I got an update was when I notified my salesman that I shipped the capacitors needed for the PTB circuit, he informed me that they were running 1-2 weeks behind on orders. I’m not panicking yet, from reading the posts on this thread, but I wanted have the guitar by Christmas.

Return to The Waiting Room