How long for most builds?

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: How long for most builds?

Postby Omsong » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:34 am

I just received my Fatboy after ordering it on Sept 4. That was about 10 weeks build and ship time. Have to keep in mind the build time depends on model and options - some taking longer, plus holidays in between. Some finishes take longer to apply and buff out. Also, I recall hearing that a build problem would delay delivery. Bet that rarely occurs, but it is a possibility. Can you imagine a set neck getting damaged after it's glued into a body? The build would have to re-start from scratch! Ouch.
Ichi on Jobutsu (Enlightenment in one tone.)

Kiesel
- '17 Fatboy, Deep Lava Flame
Past tense
- '02 Fatboy; '04 CT6M; '07 Fatboy; '11 Bolt+

Crinocerous

Postby Crinocerous » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 am

just got my order in for a Vanquish bass last week of Oct. no color at all, just gloss Claro. does this mean Since the holidays fall in the 9-11 weeks that I'm actually looking at much much longer? :shock:
sb5000 fretless mahogany
sb5001 spalted maple/mahogany
V69k on the way!

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 am

Crinocerous wrote:just got my order in for a Vanquish bass last week of Oct. no color at all, just gloss Claro. does this mean Since the holidays fall in the 9-11 weeks that I'm actually looking at much much longer? :shock:

Did a salesman give you an estimate? Figure that a couple of big holidays and January NAMM coming up might delay it a bit. Plus, I bet the orders step up close to Christmas. Add to that volume the announced price increases coming in January.

Kiesel
Past tense

Crinocerous

Postby Crinocerous » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Omsong wrote:
Crinocerous wrote:just got my order in for a Vanquish bass last week of Oct. no color at all, just gloss Claro. does this mean Since the holidays fall in the 9-11 weeks that I'm actually looking at much much longer? :shock:

Did a salesman give you an estimate? Figure that a couple of big holidays and January NAMM coming up might delay it a bit. Plus, I bet the orders step up close to Christmas. Add to that volume the announced price increases coming in January.

Actually my fiance ordered it for me as a reciprocal gift. I gave her an engagement ring she gives me a bass. Think she did it online so no salesman. (Definitely recommend planting that idea in your girl's head before popping the question haha) but the suspense is killing me especially since I'm flying blind. My last two orders were when they still sent the postcard so no worries. Now who knows..
sb5000 fretless mahogany
V69k on the way!

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm

I don't say this to be mean, but late October use probably the worst time to order a guitar due to all of the holidays you will cross over as well as NAMM... but with all that said, the best time is always "now" because waiting longer wouldn't do you any favors because while you might get it quicker, you won't get it sooner. Like driving home in rush hour. If you leave later to avoid the traffic, you will spend less time in transit, but you will still get home later.
Last edited by spudmunkey on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crinocerous

Postby Crinocerous » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:17 pm

spudmunkey wrote:I don't say this to be mean, but late October use probably the worst time to order a guitar due to all of the holidays you will cross over as well as NAMM... but with all that said, the best time is always "now" because waiting longer would do you any favors because while you might get it quicker, you won't get it sooner. Like driving home in rush hour. If you leave later to avoid the traffic, you will spend less time in transit, but you will still get home later.

I don't take offense but I still may cry . :( hoping for a miracle. :roll:
sb5000 fretless mahogany
V69k on the way!

Terry Tibbs
Links/Contact:

Postby Terry Tibbs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Ordered mine September 28th and she popped up on Facebook November 12th. Haven’t gotten a shipping notice nor has my account been charged for the deposit remainder, but that’s a pretty darn fast build time of 6 weeks, especially since I had an option 50 and a black satin finish.

If I may high jack this thread:

“How Long For Facebook Photos To My Hands?”

Crinocerous

Postby Crinocerous » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:13 am

Terry Tibbs wrote:Ordered mine September 28th and she popped up on Facebook November 12th. Haven’t gotten a shipping notice nor has my account been charged for the deposit remainder, but that’s a pretty darn fast build time of 6 weeks, especially since I had an option 50 and a black satin finish.

Thanks hopefully they keep up that pace
sb5000 fretless mahogany
V69k on the way!

Crinocerous

Postby Crinocerous » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:18 pm

update: they are now estimating me at 13\14 weeks...(clear gloss and no special requests)... :shock: much different than the 9-10 weeks that was posted when it was ordered
sb5000 fretless mahogany
V69k on the way!

Ronin

Postby Ronin » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:03 pm

With any custom anything, the closer you get to a holiday (especially xmas), the more slowdown there is. If you ordered it in June/July it would probably be done in 3-4 weeks.

Omsong
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Omsong » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:22 pm

The wait time is unavoidable unless you by an in-stock instrument. For me, it's also one of the most frustrating issues when buying Kiesel. Since I returned a recent build, I ended up waiting from Memorial day to the first week of November. What's that - a bit over 5 months - but that was my fault/choice! Never the less, the wait was well worth it! :applause:

Kiesel
Past tense

Antag
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Antag » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:33 am

Terry Tibbs wrote:“How Long For Facebook Photos To My Hands?”

I have some experience of this:
#1: Received the shipping email same day
#2: Received the shipping email the next day
#3: Shipped 1 week later. I got a bit antsy & phoned Mike to check after 6 days although in my defence, FedEx only keep an item in the warehouse at Stansted for 1 week before shipping it back across the pond, and I worried that perhaps they had my email address wrong so I never got the customs invoice.

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:17 am

Antag wrote:
Terry Tibbs wrote:“How Long For Facebook Photos To My Hands?”

I have some experience of this:
#1: Received the shipping email same day
#2: Received the shipping email the next day
#3: Shipped 1 week later. I got a bit antsy & phoned Mike to check after 6 days although in my defence, FedEx only keep an item in the warehouse at Stansted for 1 week before shipping it back across the pond, and I worried that perhaps they had my email address wrong so I never got the customs invoice.

10 days, after I called and they realized they DID have the correct hardcase in stock (they ran out of regular hard cases) and shipped immediately. If I hadn't called, it would have kept sitting there, with the case it needed right there too.
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

Crinocerous

Postby Crinocerous » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:14 am

Just saw the Facebook pic of my order and its a beauty. :woot: Puts it at about 12 weeks for build. so two weeks past the original estimate but 2 weeks sooner than customer service revised estimate. Not bad considering the holiday but not in my hot little hands yet. Now just waiting for the final charge/email :drool:
sb5000 fretless mahogany
V69k on the way!

GaryL

Postby GaryL » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Ordered my Vader 6X last week. They told me 12 weeks.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:11 pm

In yesterday's video, Jeff said 7-12 weeks. Super simple headless bolt-ons with raw tone seem to be popping through to people on FB in 6-7 weeks. :shock:

LB75Player

Postby LB75Player » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 pm

When I ordered my GK1P kit the wait time was said to be 6-8 weeks. I ordered on Feb 26th, it shipped today and is scheduled to arrive on Apr 26th. So just a hair under 8 weeks for a kit to be completed makes the 12 weeks for a finished instrument make sense right now. Sounds like business is booming for them and that's a good thing.
LB75, LB75P, Icon 4, AC50, BK40 Fretless Kit, GK1P Kit (Ordered)

nsxdude82

Postby nsxdude82 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Ordered my Zeus with Trem, basic neck etc.... on the 23rd or March. so I am going on weeks 12... ]
Nothing yet.... sigh

Todd

Treadplatedual
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Treadplatedual » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Quoted 10-12 on my recent CS3 build.
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s

kreider204

Postby kreider204 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:39 am

Ordered my Xccelerator bass on April 3rd, nothing custom or too fancy, still waiting, so that's about 9 weeks so far.

Return to The Waiting Room