Fear of the final result - share your experiences!

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

PO0784

Fear of the final result - share your experiences!

Postby PO0784 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:20 am

Have you ever been worried about the final result for your build? It is week 6 on my first build and i'm getting an unrealistic fear that my guitar will be ugly looking LOL :think: ! Aries 7 with poplar burl top. These tops seems to vary WILDLY.

Please share your experiences :)

Specs ordered :

Here's the spec list:

Aries 7 without the bevel
Hipshot contour 7 trem
Alder body, maple neck (nothing crazy here)
Poplar burl top and headstock veener
Custom burst (see picture)
black ebony fretboard
20 '' radius
Stainless XJ frets
Thin neck
Abalone K inlays with staggering offset dots.
Black hardware

Photo with requested custom finish
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dejabluguitar
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Fear of the final result - share your experiences!

Postby dejabluguitar » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:45 am

I believe it will turn out great. No clashing details. That kind of burst should look great with their poplar.
my cover band http://www.dejabluband.com

my original music
http://www.soundcloud.com/montanestudio
way diffrent than my cover band

Antag

Postby Antag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:55 pm

My experience would be with my #3 DC7X. I'd been toying with the idea of spec-ing a "something different" guitar. What made me jump was that by some freak of luck, the Labor Day special offers in 2016 miraculously aligned with the "different" specs I had been thinking, allowing me to save a further $197 off the anticipated price.

All through the ~8 week wait I worried that I'd pick it up, enjoy the craftsmanship but not really "take" to it, and end up hardly ever playing it.

In reality it completely changed what I thought was my ideal spec. I am now a maple fretboard convert - something all my subsequent builds have (& all future planned ones will have).

I think the guitar must have made an impression in the factory because it's appeared twice on Facebook...

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:00 pm

There are some woods I wouldn't order because the only way to get ones I know I will like would be to pay even more to have a piece hand-selected...and even then, they pick from what they have. For those, I might have to get lucky one morning on a "pick your top tuesday" video. But, there are lots of woods that I know I'll like no matter what I get, or at least I fall in the 98th percentile, and have no problem ordering sign-unseen.

Brock
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Brock » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:16 pm

When my CS6 was on order I was fearful the flame maple top would be just so-so because I didn't put in a special request. It was just a simple internet order.

When I first saw the top it blew me away. Seven years later I still pull my guitar out just to look at it.

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby slayer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:39 pm

My biggest fear is them getting the order exactly to what I ordered and being perfect. I really like high quality control.
Bring Back the "ST" Body!!

PO0784

Postby PO0784 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:07 am

Thanks for the psychological support :lol: . My main concern is mostly the finish, the wood and the feeling of the thin neck with the 20'' radius.. but I've been so used to an old rg7620 with the 17'' radius... I guess I won't see a difference really.

I guess the surprise is part of the fun!

slayer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby slayer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:46 pm

As long as the guitar comes with the specs I picked and the quality control is top notch, I will definitely order more! I already own 2 1980`s models.
Bring Back the "ST" Body!!

Return to The Waiting Room