V6 is in the oven!

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Jgm258

V6 is in the oven!

Postby Jgm258 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm

After owning a DC600X and a VM7 I wanted to put the best of both worlds together and came up with this. Kinda nervous as this is by far my most expensive build.

6 STR VADER HEADLESS
MAH CLEAR MAPLE NECK/MAHOGANY
50 light saber blue
QDC DEEP CLEAR OVER QUILT
SWT SPECIAL WOOD TOP - SEE JEFF
51 5A top
CMB - Chambered Body
RNC REAR BODY/NECK NATURAL CLEAR
5MH 5 PIECE MAPLE NECK w/MAHOG
TN TUNG OIL FINISH BACK OF NECK
IOD OFFSET DOT INLAYS
IMP MOP INLAYS
STJF STAINLESS STEEL JUMBO FRET
35 INSTALL M22SD BRIDGE P.U.
39 INSTALL M22V NECK P.U.
009 INSTALL ELIXER 9-42 STRING
white switch tip
WL WHITE LOGO

I went with a standard ebony board. I considered pale moon, but I thought ebony with a couple streaks would really make it click with the top and RNC. I wanted to go 7a for the top to match the Green saber VM6 jeff made a while back but they require half down 6a or above. I'm sure Jeff will pick me a pretty rad top though. Of course I had to go with a M22SD/V pups. They scream in my dc600 however the sustain is really lacking on that guitar in the upper registry. Hopefully the 5 piece neck, lack of a trem, and the chambered body will make those notes sing on this one. What do you guys think? Anything you would've done different?

Jgm258

Re: V6 is in the oven!

Postby Jgm258 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:49 pm

Forgot to mention the most important part lol. My strife between choosing Lightsaber blue or blue candy... One hell of a choice, not sure I've made the right cal on that yet.

Return to The Waiting Room