20 weeks today...

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

jflo577

20 weeks today...

Postby jflo577 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:30 pm

I gotta say it's hard to not get frustrated with the wait at this point. No option 50s and no work done by Jeff; all I know is that they are waiting on SD Sentient/Pegasus set for my CL7. This will be my first Kiesel and I'm still terrified that it won't turn out the way I wanted.

What's the longest y'all have waited for a Kiesel build?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: 20 weeks today...

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Those pickups have definitely seen long lead times. Even folks here who tried ordering them from SD on their own mentioned SD was hard to work with, unfortunately. They weren't a big-selling option, so they aren't made ahead and stocked. They are, from what i understand, made-to-order....not that it helps the wait, but perhaps it'll help knowing that you have other folks who've made it through the same thing. :)

JCG
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby JCG » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:48 pm

jflo577 wrote:What's the longest y'all have waited for a Kiesel build?

I waited 27 weeks for my Duncans,
37 weeks for my beveled TL60,
and I'm in week 32 for my KVM6.

jflo577

Postby jflo577 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:58 pm

spudmunkey wrote: They weren't a big-selling option, so they aren't made ahead and stocked. They are, from what i understand, made-to-order....not that it helps the wait, but perhaps it'll help knowing that you have other folks who've made it through the same thing. :)

The wait still sucks but this is good to know; I didn't know they were made to order. I assumed that pegasus sentient sets were popular enough to be stocked at least by SD. If order changes were still a thing it'd be tempting to just have them put lithiums in instead.

jflo577

Postby jflo577 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:00 pm

JCG wrote:

Wooow that's rough. Good to know I'm not alone in the extended wait, I suppose. Did your TL60 have any custom options that explained the wait?

JCG
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby JCG » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:40 pm

jflo577 wrote:
JCG wrote:

Wooow that's rough. Good to know I'm not alone in the extended wait, I suppose. Did your TL60 have any custom options that explained the wait?

This was the first TL to have a bevel. Jeff had to decide how he wanted to do this, and it took
extra time.

JesseM
Social Media
Social Media
Links/Contact:

Postby JesseM » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:59 pm

jflo577 wrote:I gotta say it's hard to not get frustrated with the wait at this point. No option 50s and no work done by Jeff; all I know is that they are waiting on SD Sentient/Pegasus set for my CL7. This will be my first Kiesel and I'm still terrified that it won't turn out the way I wanted.

Hey jflo577, The wait for a new build can be pretty agonizing. I've been down that road before :D
What makes it worse is when its a different company your'e waiting on. I can say, I have seen this guitar and its RAD!
Hopefully those pups come in soon. Im excited for you.
Jesse Michel - Artist/Social Media

jflo577

Postby jflo577 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:10 pm

JesseM wrote:
jflo577 wrote:I gotta say it's hard to not get frustrated with the wait at this point. No option 50s and no work done by Jeff; all I know is that they are waiting on SD Sentient/Pegasus set for my CL7. This will be my first Kiesel and I'm still terrified that it won't turn out the way I wanted.

Hey jflo577, The wait for a new build can be pretty agonizing. I've been down that road before :D
What makes it worse is when its a different company your'e waiting on. I can say, I have seen this guitar and its RAD!

Thanks for the reply Jesse! Awesome to see you replying to people on here. I know it's on SD at this point, so no disrespect to Kiesel!

Also makes me feel a lot better to hear it turned out well; I've been terrified that I'm going to regret the options I picked. Also wouldn't be mad if it turns up on pics of the day at some point in the near future ;)

JesseM
Social Media
Social Media
Links/Contact:

Postby JesseM » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:50 pm

jflo577 wrote:
JesseM wrote:

Thanks for the reply Jesse! Awesome to see you replying to people on here. I know it's on SD at this point, so no disrespect to Kiesel!

Also makes me feel a lot better to hear it turned out well; I've been terrified that I'm going to regret the options I picked. Also wouldn't be mad if it turns up on pics of the day at some point in the near future ;)

Yeah I just started with the Forum today. Going to start moderating it and making sure everything is running smoothly :D
I can assure you this guitar is AWESOME! Ill totally include it in pics of the day the moment I can. The wait can suck but once the guitar is in your hands the wait disappears like it never happened. Ill be here if you need anything else. Cheers.

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:00 pm

JesseM wrote:
jflo577 wrote:
JesseM wrote:

Yeah I just started with the Forum today. Going to start moderating it and making sure everything is running smoothly :D
I can assure you this guitar is AWESOME! Ill totally include it in pics of the day the moment I can. The wait can suck but once the guitar is in your hands the wait disappears like it never happened. Ill be here if you need anything else. Cheers.

Hi Jesse. I'm glad K/C has a person for us on here. Kevio used to spend time, as have some others, and Mike - but that's fallen off. I'm sure you know there are LONG TERM DIE HARDS on here. It's a great group. Consider a thread saying hi to the BBS community, or something like that. Anyway, glad you're here.
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:10 pm

gumbynotpokey wrote: Consider a thread saying hi to the BBS community, or something like that. Anyway, glad you're here.

He did...45 minutes ago. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49747

Great minds think alike! :lol:

JesseM
Social Media
Social Media
Links/Contact:

Postby JesseM » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:13 pm

gumbynotpokey wrote:
JesseM wrote:
jflo577 wrote:
JesseM wrote:

Hi Jesse. I'm glad K/C has a person for us on here. Kevio used to spend time, as have some others, and Mike - but that's fallen off. I'm sure you know there are LONG TERM DIE HARDS on here. It's a great group. Consider a thread saying hi to the BBS community, or something like that. Anyway, glad you're here.

Yeah the sales guys get a bit busy so me being the social media guy it seemed fitting :)
I can tell there are lots of really awesome die hards here thats very cool. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and share some awesome musical love.

jflo577

Postby jflo577 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:33 pm

UPDATE: Posted on the facebook page today! Hopefully it's here by Monday, which would be 22 weeks exactly! Worth the wait and stoked on how it's looking.

CL7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Looks amazing!

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:49 am

Yeah, that's beautiful! :applause:
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Greg Emm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Greg Emm » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:10 am

Oh, man ... that guitar is phenomenal. So pretty ...

PO0784

Postby PO0784 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:27 am

Congrats! When I saw this one :shock: , I had some regrets about my own build to come.

Amazing finish!

Return to The Waiting Room