Another one! She shipped!

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Re: Another one! She shipped!

Postby Doctor Turn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Doctor Doug--a cruel, unfriendly man fully dedicated to the proposition of Forum Torture.

Where are you right now, Doug? Torturing kittens and newborns? Lacing birdbaths with arsenic?

Hee hee..

Seriously, I really do want to see that limba beaut, but I hope all is well. I know you mentioned there was some cruddy stuff going on with the boys--I hope all of that has worked itself out and you guys are a solid unit.

There's something uncool in the air. A bass player that also worked for my company (and assisted me on so many of the studies I manage here for my company, a market research group) who has a BFA in music from NYU, great classical/jazz/rock bass player who I use from time to time for recordings and likely some live perfs in the future.. he was here at the co for 5 years total, 3 of those b4 I came here.. he would gig and record a lot, and supplement his income working here usually from beteen 10-25 hours a week, and everything put together would get him, with his wife's income, over the hump.

Well just as he bought his first house over the past 2 months, 2 projects that he always gigged steadily with terminated, and the number of gigs on others he still plays with have been getting scarce. Things have gotten so tight that he's had to leave to just go get a straight 9-5pm gig which I know he doesn't want, but he really didn't have a choice.

Aside from him being a bass player, he was a great guy to have around, I'd sit here weeding thru auctions and sales on Verb and CL, and he'd "get" it all and be just as pumped as I would be over new vintage pieces coming in, or whatever. And I'm just generally bummed he isn't living his ideal life anymore. It's like I was writing over on the thread where elf posted his pic w the band.. it's not the nicest time right now to be a player. People are following the lead on the political right so musicians and artists are falling out of public favor because of the nasty political situation.

Which is just absurd.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Treadplatedual
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Treadplatedual » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Doctor Turn wrote:Aside from him being a bass player

Lol! Rule c infraction!

Doctor Turn wrote:People are following the lead on the political right so musicians and artists are falling out of public favor because of the nasty political situation.

Which is just absurd.

And another! hehe

Thank goodness I live in the Midwest, nothing of the sort going on out here :D

In all seriousness though, I really do want to see them pics!
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:07 pm

LOL.

"Aside from being a bass player, he smelled like a botfly hole in a street dog that overnighted in the waste section in a lard factory, which just keeps piling up the strikes against him."

In all seriousness, I was lining up his pluses by pointing out he is a bass player.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Doctor Doug » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:46 pm

Being in a band is tough right now. We are now currently playing our commitments with a fill-in singer and we'll see where we go in August. For now, I took the pics last night and am uploading them as we speak!

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Doctor Doug » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:26 pm

It took me almost a week but: kieselguitarsbbs.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50448

Return to The Waiting Room