I found myself wondering...

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

iamattadams

I found myself wondering...

Postby iamattadams » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:55 pm

In regards to the build time, I wondered if it takes several weeks to build a guitar or if it just takes a couple days and you're in like (so to speak) for 8 weeks or so? My baby (not a real baby, the guitar) is due early May. Vader 6, Translucent teal, blackburst plain maple top with a trem. Sooo excited. :woot:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: I found myself wondering...

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:11 pm

The guitars are built in stages. It's not 9 weeks of non-stop work. It goes here, then when it's done here, it goes over there and waits its turn. Then once it's done over there, it comes back over here, then over there, then to that guy, then that lady. Between each step, it stops to wait its turn.

They actually usually start the neck a couple days after order placement. That's why there are no order changes once it's placed.

So all in all, it could probably be done in a week, taking into consideration that I THINK they dry the neck wood again once the fretboard is glued on because of the moisture introduced by said glue.

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:59 pm

spudmunkey wrote:The guitars are built in stages. It's not 9 weeks of non-stop work. It goes here, then when it's done here, it goes over there and waits its turn. Then once it's done over there, it comes back over here, then over there, then to that guy, then that lady. Between each step, it stops to wait its turn.

Then once its finished it has to go through the hands of at least 10 BBS members scattered across the country, riding in the back of an old pickup truck with busted shocks, for "quality control". :twisted:
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

iamattadams

Postby iamattadams » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:16 pm

:mrgreen: Funny thing is I'd probably trust it with a bunch of Kiesel owners. I stopped by the booth at NAMM this year a few times hoping I could get a pic with Jeff but all I found was Jared Dines :roll: Feels like I'm joining the coolest family ever. 8)

Return to The Waiting Room