First Ever Kiesel Custom Order - Buckeye Vader!

Expecting some new gear from Kiesel Guitars? Post here!

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

customaxe
Gold Member
Gold Member

First Ever Kiesel Custom Order - Buckeye Vader!

Postby customaxe » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:39 pm

So I've been after a V6 Vader for a while after absolutely loving the trio of Vaders one of my good friends has...yesterday Jeff posted a stunning buckeye burl top at a killer discount and it finally pushed me over the edge to go ahead and custom order.

The specs:

-Black limba body w/buckeye burl top
-Black limba neck (standard profile and scale)
-Ebony fretboard, staggered dots and K inlay in abalone, jumbo SS frets
-Black Lithium pickups with gold poles
-Black Kiesel logo

Here's the top, kind of looks like a lion's face or something....really wicked!

Now, the wait begins...excited for my first real step into the world of Kiesel!

HarlowTheFish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: First Ever Kiesel Custom Order - Buckeye Vader!

Postby HarlowTheFish » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:07 pm

That's a killer top, congrats!

SolidOrangeTiger

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Congrats! That top is a beaut and watching Jeff cut it the other day was very cool. :applause:
Kiesel Arsenal:
--- C6C: Orangeburst Quilted Maple Cap with BB Edges over Black Limba. (2018)
--- SCB6X: Trans Orange/Crimson V-Burst Mastergrade Burl Maple Cap over Koa. Baked BMF KTB. (2019)
--- K6H: **IN PRODUCTION** Fire Crotch Flamed Maple Cap over Roasted Swamp Ash. Roasted FM Fingerboard. (2019)

customguitars87

Postby customguitars87 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:38 pm

SolidOrangeTiger wrote:Congrats! That top is a beaut and watching Jeff cut it the other day was very cool. :applause:

Thanks! To be honest I was on the phone with Chris before the video was even halfway through haha. I passed on a lotta different tops (some for the price, some just in general) but this was a really unbeatable deal at $300 (I guess they normally go for like $600 so this is half off) AND I really loved the figuring so it was now or never.

customaxe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby customaxe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:28 am

Alrighty, estimated completion date is set for mid-April...I'll just be twiddlin' my thumbs in anticipation!

ghostryder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ghostryder » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Great Top! Love the top of the weeks every time Jeff does them. Always a big discount and always something special.

I know the agony of the wait...my order went in on Dec 4th so this is week 8. I suspect though it'll be close to 10 weeks because of the time off for the Holidays and then NAMM. But i check my email daily :sounchick:

customaxe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby customaxe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:37 pm

ghostryder wrote:Great Top! Love the top of the weeks every time Jeff does them. Always a big discount and always something special.

I know the agony of the wait...my order went in on Dec 4th so this is week 8. I suspect though it'll be close to 10 weeks because of the time off for the Holidays and then NAMM. But i check my email daily :sounchick:

I hear ya! The buckeye tops are usually $600 and I really loved this one so at the $300 price tag it was too good to resist. I'm going to start obsessing about it come April, for now I've just gotta chill. My buddy ordered a sick flame koa V7 that just shipped out, so I'll get to jam on his for a bit till my V6 arrives.

customaxe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby customaxe » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:51 am

Just about a month or so left to wait...is it too early to be religiously checking the Kiesel Instagram stories, FB posts, etc. for a glimpse at my buckeye Vader? :lol:

SolidOrangeTiger

Postby SolidOrangeTiger » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:09 pm

customaxe wrote:Just about a month or so left to wait...is it too early to be religiously checking the Kiesel Instagram stories, FB posts, etc. for a glimpse at my buckeye Vader? :lol:

Not going to lie, I was doing once a week pretty much a week after I ordered for both of my builds. So I'm going to go with no.

"Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of the fretboard/back of the neck/top/etc. in today's pics of the day..."

:laughhard:
Kiesel Arsenal:
--- C6C: Orangeburst Quilted Maple Cap with BB Edges over Black Limba. (2018)
--- SCB6X: Trans Orange/Crimson V-Burst Mastergrade Burl Maple Cap over Koa. Baked BMF KTB. (2019)
--- K6H: **IN PRODUCTION** Fire Crotch Flamed Maple Cap over Roasted Swamp Ash. Roasted FM Fingerboard. (2019)

customaxe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby customaxe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:56 pm

SolidOrangeTiger wrote:
customaxe wrote:Just about a month or so left to wait...is it too early to be religiously checking the Kiesel Instagram stories, FB posts, etc. for a glimpse at my buckeye Vader? :lol:

Not going to lie, I was doing once a week pretty much a week after I ordered for both of my builds. So I'm going to go with no.

"Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of the fretboard/back of the neck/top/etc. in today's pics of the day..."

:laughhard:

Haha, well in a very interesting and exciting twist of fate I got an email from Kiesel not 30 minutes ago that it's ready to ship (over a month early!).

Now we wait!

Ronin614

Postby Ronin614 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:52 pm

Please post pictures once your bass arrives. That wood is awesome.

customaxe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby customaxe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:13 am

Ronin614 wrote:Please post pictures once your bass arrives. That wood is awesome.

Thanks Ronin! I'll definitely post a full thread here with lots of photos and a detailed review. It's not a bass though, it's a V6 guitar :wink:

Ronin614

Postby Ronin614 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:02 am

Sorry, my brain defaults to bass :lol: , but I’d still love to see it.

customaxe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby customaxe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Ronin614 wrote:Sorry, my brain defaults to bass :lol: , but I’d still love to see it.

Haha. Thread with pics here, guitar came out amazing!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51014

Return to The Waiting Room