CLUB CS

Threads by Owners of Specific Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Instruments

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

christianfox
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Links/Contact:

CLUB CS

Postby christianfox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:51 am

I dont think theres a club cs yet so why not make this one it
Last edited by christianfox on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeftyJay
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

re: CS6!

Postby LeftyJay » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:22 am

First of all, welcome on the greatest board on earth !

Have you tried the search fonction ? Search fonction

christianfox
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Links/Contact:

Postby christianfox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:25 am

thanks! i did try that and actually im looking through the countless pages right now. i really like what ive seen of this guitar so far. still it seems that there are far too few of this one.

Hitch
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Hitch » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:54 am

Carvin's CS is the Gibson Les Paul killer!
Some from members here, former in stock or other:

christianfox
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Links/Contact:

Postby christianfox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:56 am

what is the color on that 3rd pic? these are stunning! im definitely getting one

LoneGuitar0725
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: re: CS6!

Postby LoneGuitar0725 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:29 am

christianfox wrote:what is the color on that 3rd pic? these are stunning! im definitely getting one

That's DTS Dragonburst on flamed maple. A Carvinite favorite. :D

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:30 am

emmettsc
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby emmettsc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 am

I was gonna say, somebody has got to post a picture of Spudmunkys. 8)

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:47 am

*laughs*

Is there a "CS6 Club" thread yet? Maybe this one should be renamed so that there is one...

christianfox
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Links/Contact:

Postby christianfox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 am

wow that is a really nice black flame top! hey i know what the dragonburst is and its sweet but ive never seen the one right above it before. what is that? its like a dragonburst with yellow in it too.
and this has to be my absolute favorite guitar ever. why on earth would anyone buy a gibson when you could have this?

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:33 am

christianfox wrote: why on earth would anyone buy a gibson when you could have this?

Because people are lazy. When people ask "what kind of guitar do you play" some people just don't like having to go into talking about how it's a family-owned, made-in-american guitar custom made to your specifications with no middle-man mark-up. *laughs*

There are some fantastic GLPs out there. Some. Some people spend decades before they find "the one"...but they are out there.

I could never bond with mine. Sounded pretty okay, but...my CS6? Best guitar I've ever owned by far.

delph
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby delph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:38 am

LoneGuitar0725 wrote:
christianfox wrote:what is the color on that 3rd pic? these are stunning! im definitely getting one

No, it is not. The third picture is a custom burst. Yellow to green to blue, all DTS. That is not dragonburst. The fourth picture is dragonburst (green to blue). If you want the yellow center, that is a custom order (waiving the return policy and costing extra). It's a great color.

LoneGuitar0725
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby LoneGuitar0725 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:30 am

delph wrote:
LoneGuitar0725 wrote:

No, it is not. The third picture is a custom burst. Yellow to green to blue, all DTS. That is not dragonburst. The fourth picture is dragonburst (green to blue). If you want the yellow center, that is a custom order (waiving the return policy and costing extra). It's a great color.

Thank you for the correction. I overlooked the yellow center upon a quick look, just rushed to post "Dragonburst." Much obliged. :D

LeftyJay
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby LeftyJay » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:03 pm

LoneGuitar0725 wrote:
delph wrote:
LoneGuitar0725 wrote:

Thank you for the correction. I overlooked the yellow center upon a quick look, just rushed to post "Dragonburst." Much obliged. :D

If I remember correctly (which I'm 100% sure tbh :wink: ), its original owner named that color "carrbean burst" 8)

christianfox
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Links/Contact:

Postby christianfox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 pm

that is amazing. but i dont think i want to pay the extra to get a 'custom' custom shop guitar. that is really nice though. i think ill go with deep blue flamed maple or something like that. im definitely sold on this guitar. hmm should i go with black, blackburst, or natural on the back though? hmm

delph
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby delph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:08 pm

christianfox wrote:that is amazing. but i dont think i want to pay the extra to get a 'custom' custom shop guitar. that is really nice though. i think ill go with deep blue flamed maple or something like that. im definitely sold on this guitar. hmm should i go with black, blackburst, or natural on the back though? hmm

I think the solid color on the back is the way to go (unless it a color that can have a clear finish on the back). A burst is usually too much. There's been at least one blue flame with all black back and neck, and it was really cool.

christianfox
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Links/Contact:

Postby christianfox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:11 pm

how do you get the black neck and back instead of natural neck and black back? cause i think thats what id want to do if i go with black.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:12 pm

christianfox wrote:that is amazing. but i dont think i want to pay the extra to get a 'custom' custom shop guitar. that is really nice though. i think ill go with deep blue flamed maple or something like that. im definitely sold on this guitar. hmm should i go with black, blackburst, or natural on the back though? hmm

My girlfriend got mad that I painted mahogany. On the other hand, I LOVE how the black sides look with the binding edge and the top...it really sets off the color, much like a black matte around a photo. If i were to rebuild mine, I'd go with the clear back with black sides.

christianfox
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Links/Contact:

Postby christianfox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:18 pm

hmm yeah mahogany is a nice color natural. idk yet. and how would you get black sides and clear back? i only saw black back and sides, natural, or blackburst back with black sides on the web page.

another thing im not sure about yet is which pickups i want in it. what are the s22 pickups like? i bought c22s and put them in my washburn and they improved the sound a lot. but i cant find much info about the s22s.

delph
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby delph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:57 pm

christianfox wrote:and how would you get black sides and clear back? i only saw black back and sides, natural, or blackburst back with black sides on the web page.

You can't get black sides and a clear back (and that would look really weird). But you can get black back and sides with a clear NECK. Unless you want your neck tung oiled, I'd go with a painted neck for looks. But whatever you do, you should call your order in. That way, you'll be able to make sure things are exactly how you want them.

another thing im not sure about yet is which pickups i want in it. what are the s22 pickups like? i bought c22s and put them in my washburn and they improved the sound a lot. but i cant find much info about the s22s.

The S22s are warmer than the C22s. I have them in my CS4 and they're pretty nice. However, I play a lot of really high gain stuff, so I'll probably swap them out for something more punchy and cutting some day. Maybe the C22s, which I have in my CT.

Return to Guitar & Bass Clubs