Burl Club(when nothing else will do)

Threads by Owners of Specific Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Instruments

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

shadowseve
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: re: Burl Club(when nothing else will do)

Postby shadowseve » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 am

Koshchei wrote:Here's my DC800:

Still one of my fav guitars. Thanks for posting that here man. :rockon:

iLoki

re: Burl Club(when nothing else will do)

Postby iLoki » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 pm

My new DC700

shadowseve
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby shadowseve » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Awesome dc700. Love the burl and walnut.

Appollyon
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Appollyon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:34 pm

As if it wasnt hard enough, this thread makes the wait for my SH65 near unburlable...

:laughhard:

Get it??? Un-Burl-Able......unbearable. See what I...uh...did...

:|

twilightdusk
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby twilightdusk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 pm

I think I like the backside more than the top!

:ninja:
2001 dc127C
2005 bolt kit
2010 dc727
2011 BK50
2016 X54
v3m + 112V GT12
X100B series IV

shadowseve
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby shadowseve » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:40 am

Appollyon wrote:As if it wasnt hard enough, this thread makes the wait for my SH65 near unburlable...

:laughhard:

Get it??? Un-Burl-Able......unbearable. See what I...uh...did...

:|

I see what u did thar :laughhard:

samophlange2

Postby samophlange2 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:33 am

Shadowseve... i been on vacation and didn't get a chance to congratulate you on that sick f@ckin axe my man. that thing is killer!!! How do you like the pickups? I did end up having a Dimarzio Blaze 7 custom put in the bridge position on my 727. Have only had the chance to play it through my solid state practice amp and not my tube amp (live rig). but already i can hear a world of difference. it's so much tighter and focused now. It brings up the mids nicely and keeps the high end from being scratchy. very even tone and it cuts. sounds good when i palm mute tremolo pick as well. so yeah man, i'm happy with it. the tech i took it to didn't have to do any routing to the body. he cut mass off of the pickup mounting ring, secured the screw holes on the wings of the pickup with epoxy to compensate for any weakening of the screw hole by making the mounting plate thinner. and redrilled a new screw hole in the pickup cavity of the guitar. badabing badaboom!

shadowseve
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby shadowseve » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:42 pm

samophlange2 wrote:Shadowseve... i been on vacation and didn't get a chance to congratulate you on that sick f@ckin axe my man. that thing is killer!!! How do you like the pickups? I did end up having a Dimarzio Blaze 7 custom put in the bridge position on my 727. Have only had the chance to play it through my solid state practice amp and not my tube amp (live rig). but already i can hear a world of difference. it's so much tighter and focused now. It brings up the mids nicely and keeps the high end from being scratchy. very even tone and it cuts. sounds good when i palm mute tremolo pick as well. so yeah man, i'm happy with it. the tech i took it to didn't have to do any routing to the body. he cut mass off of the pickup mounting ring, secured the screw holes on the wings of the pickup with epoxy to compensate for any weakening of the screw hole by making the mounting plate thinner. and redrilled a new screw hole in the pickup cavity of the guitar. badabing badaboom!

There are no words to describe how much butt this thing kicks. The pickups are brutal and the gain rips. It's voiced a bit different so I had to redo my eq but I'm happy where it's at now. The cleans are beautiful. They've got this nice chimmy bell like tone to them that is so smooth. I was worried that it would be harsh like emgs but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm usually not an active pickup fan but I'm really liking these.

carvinfan1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby carvinfan1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:31 am

shadowseve wrote:One more time cus mah burl is that awesome!!!!!

I am getting a Burl guitar. I love this exact color. Has a transparent paint been applied or is this the natural state of the burl?

I notice most of the Burl guitars vary in tone. I like them a bit darker and especially like this guitar. I'm not real partial to the lighter tones.

Thanks!

shadowseve
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby shadowseve » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:49 pm

I ordered that as a natural state. No trans paint over it. I was wondering how it would come out. i was not expecting that mocha/cappuccino look to it but I was floored when I got it. You could send Bart a pic of that and tell him you want a similar style of burl as far as the color goes and it shouldn't be to big of an issue. Glad you liked my guitar. It def is my "holy grail" of guitars.

ajeffcote
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ajeffcote » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:31 am

Beautiful guitars. I look at these pics and wonder why anyone would buy anything else? Fender, Gibson? Not in the same league as far as quality and caftsmanship goes.

shadowseve
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby shadowseve » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 am

ajeffcote wrote:Beautiful guitars. I look at these pics and wonder why anyone would buy anything else? Fender, Gibson? Not in the same league as far as quality and caftsmanship goes.

I agree 100%. I used to be into Ibanez a lot, and for a long time, I though thought they were the pinnacle of guitars. To me if you didn't want an Ibanez Prestige or a Conklin, then you didn't know anything about guitars. Heh interesting how opinions change when you open your mind a little bit. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'll never regret buying this guitar.

ajeffcote
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ajeffcote » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 am

The last Ibanez guitars I had were both Prestige SZ4020 models. Great guitars in their own right, but just not quite up to Carvin's level of quality.

shadowseve
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby shadowseve » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:42 am

ajeffcote wrote:The last Ibanez guitars I had were both Prestige SZ4020 models. Great guitars in their own right, but just not quite up to Carvin's level of quality.

Yeah ibanez isn't bad at all and i still love their necks. However, there is no way I can get to build the guitar I want for a price that cheaper than a house. I mean sure esp will build you anything you want for $50,000.

However as for me and my family. We will play Carvins. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Toat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Toat » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:03 pm

will they do any trans color on burl or is this considered "option 50"?
I would love to see a trans purple burl top...

Appollyon
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Appollyon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:08 pm

They'll do it, but it is an opt 50. I'm personally getting a warm brown type color on my burl, and you can scroll back to see kuhbooms.

Evster2012
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Postby Evster2012 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:53 pm

FILE UNDER STUFF HAPPENS

So I'm messing around in Photoshop, burling a CT. Y'know, the usual. And by accident I hit the "Invert" button on the burl layer...

.and look what happened!!!!

Speaking of color...

ajeffcote
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ajeffcote » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Oh m God, I want that for my next guitar! That color is the shiz-nizzle!

Evster2012 wrote:FILE UNDER STUFF HAPPENS

So I'm messing around in Photoshop, burling a CT. Y'know, the usual. And by accident I hit the "Invert" button on the burl layer...

.and look what happened!!!!

Speaking of color...

ElDiesel

Postby ElDiesel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:17 pm

My first Carvin.
All woods standard, except the top and matching headstock.
This is a one-piece top right?

ajeffcote
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ajeffcote » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:42 am

Breath-taking! SH550s are great guitars!

Return to Guitar & Bass Clubs