Kiesel - Shelter in place impact?

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

helldorado
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kiesel - Shelter in place impact?

Postby helldorado » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:36 am

ioneater wrote:Which hospital is she with? I frequently bring patients to Tulane, UMC and Ochsner; virus or not. I like that city much better from a rooftop.

Touro right now, though she's interviewing with UMC to hopefully get into their spinal injury or ICU wards as a full time RN once she graduates, which is planned for this fall. We're not sure what the medical schools in general are going to do past this semester and she has a require course planned for the summer. Clinicals are cancelled for anything that would require in-person at a hospital or with patients, but students need their hours for graduation and licensing. So it's a catch-22 because they certainly don't want to delay anybody from graduating and being able to start working full-time when there's already a shortage of support staff.

kmd09
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby kmd09 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:21 am

Jack'O'Licious wrote:Well, I called Kiesel and got ahold of Mike. He said they are still trucking along right now so who knows? Maybe my guitar will be done soon after all!

I truly believe there are more important things to be concerned about than if your guitar will be built and delivered on time. Cool your jets Elroy and just know Kiesel is doing the best they can, given the situation, and you'll get your guitar when you get your guitar. None of us, including Kiesel, wanted this and the last thing Kiesel needs is the added pressure of customers overloading the phone lines with customers worrying about orders being delivered on time. I, personally, am more concerned about what the present situation is doing to to our economy and not knowing your financial situation, millions are seeing their retirement savings evaporating, mine included. Seems to be a bigger issue than guitars being built and delivered on time.
AC375 V49K CT624 CS624 SH575 CM130
GIBSON LES PAUL TRAD. PRS SE245 FENDER STRAT
MARTIN D35 TACOMA DM-18
V3 1/2 STACK X100B AG100D BX700 BXR10.2 BXR15.3
MARSHALL JVM 100H SPLAWN QUICKROD 100 ORANGE ROCKERVERB MKII 100 PRS ARCHON
MESA TRIPLE REC DR. Z CARMEN GHIA (2x12" CAB) BOSS KATANA 100

Jack'O'Licious
Gold Member
Gold Member
Links/Contact:

Postby Jack'O'Licious » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:52 am

kmd09 wrote:
Jack'O'Licious wrote:Well, I called Kiesel and got ahold of Mike. He said they are still trucking along right now so who knows? Maybe my guitar will be done soon after all!

I truly believe there are more important things to be concerned about than if your guitar will be built and delivered on time. Cool your jets Elroy and just know Kiesel is doing the best they can, given the situation, and you'll get your guitar when you get your guitar. None of us, including Kiesel, wanted this and the last thing Kiesel needs is the added pressure of customers overloading the phone lines with customers worrying about orders being delivered on time. I, personally, am more concerned about what the present situation is doing to to our economy and not knowing your financial situation, millions are seeing their retirement savings evaporating, mine included. Seems to be a bigger issue than guitars being built and delivered on time.

Ok, first of all I merely called and asked Mike how things were going during this time. I also told him I hope everything is ok with him and the rest of the people working there and just asked if the virus had them shut down or not. His exact response was "No, we're still trucking along. Thanks for calling". I never asked him to pull my order and update me on the status or anything, I don't think I even mentioned that I had an order in our conversation. It was a 2 minute phone call that couldn't have added any pressure to anyone. Maybe you haven't noticed, this is a guitar forum about guitars we play and order as guitar players. The OP is about the shelter in place impact at the Kiesel factory so I am pretty sure I haven't derailed from that. Most of us are left with not much to do in this time so if I come to this said guitar forum to talk about guitars there is no need to take offense. You want to vent about your finances crashing go to facebook or something, don't take it out on me for again, talking about my future guitar on a guitar forum.

To the rest of you, if I may have come off as insensitive about the situation I apologize. My wife has asthma and I have 2 little kids age 10 and 6 (6 year old also has asthma). I do not want anything to do with this virus and it worries me for my wife and daughter especially. As I said earlier, my wife and I even went to NY 2 weeks ago so I was pretty freaked out for a minute but we seem to have been lucky enough to escape the virus so far. There have now been 2 deaths and 4 confirmed cases in my area with results of over 200 tests still pending. Work is slow but they haven't forced me to stay home yet. My wife is now having to "homeschool" my kids during the day as well so we are feeling a certain degree of stress as well. She is overwhelmed with all the schoolwork being sent to her for 2 kids and being told it has to be turned in in order for my kids to get to the next school year. My finances aren't being hit yet so I thank God for that blessing and I hope all of you here, if you are taking a hit, are able to bounce back. So please forgive me if I came across as insensitive. I come here as an escape from real life mess to look at and discuss sweet guitars. So cool your jets kmd09.
Kiesel's:
2017 DCM8, 2016 A7H

Other's:
Cheap Peavey Strat (1st axe ever), Ernie Ball JP13, 2018 Dingwall NG-3 5 string, 2017 Warwick RB Corvette 6 string

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:15 am

A bunch of guitar players stuck inside.....what else would we talk about?
There's lots of other places on the internet to get our fill of misery.
facebook.com/hamfistrocks

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby texastoast » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:33 pm

kmd09 wrote:

Wow.

Srini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Srini » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 pm

On a potentially positive note...I decided to take this time to learn and understand All The Things You Are.....

And, Jack, do take care of your wife and daughter, and most importantly, yourself - but, of course, you don't need me to tell you that!

Srini

Return to The Backstage Lounge