Kiesel Random Thoughts (not worth their own thread)

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Treadplatedual
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Kiesel Random Thoughts (not worth their own thread)

Postby Treadplatedual » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:56 pm

wickid wrote:
OK, not a Kiesel thought, but it *IS* random (and not worth its own thread) ...

I'm *SO* relieved, I was given (ANOTHER) 24 "working" hours to contact the IRS or they will arrest me ... OVER THE PHONE!!! :lol:
I've been getting a rash of these msgs again this year since Monday. Caller ID "masked", of course, most said San Antonio Tx, ALtamont NY, and recently Aberdeen Md. The lastest msg said something about calling the local "cops" (yeah, 'cause the phone-IRS uses that term) because they are "for" (???) serious ... and then they didn't have the cajones (or command of the English language?) to complete the msg.
Nothing a shotgun to the scrotal region couldn't cure. :evil:

As a banker, I've heard this story and/or gotten calls from customers approximately 1.21 billion times.

*sigh* It's like James Veitch (totally worth watching) says - these scams are really outlandish purely so the only people who respond are too dumb to realize it's fraud.

brento73 wrote:The thing to remember is that those straps, etc. are only killing the open strings, so unless you're playing at/below the strap, it doesn't really effect anything.

Also, back in the day, bands like Metallica would tape down unused strings when tracking rhythm parts.... like... with masking tape. So, if the whole riff is only on the E and A strings, the other four are literally taped to the neck to keep them from making any noise.

I have fretwraps on all my guitars, but it's not to dampen the strings while playing solos (honestly, just get better at muting the ones you're not playing lol, that's just sloppy), it's to get rid of the sympathetic resonance in behind the nut and between the bridge and the stopbar/body - if you're recording, especially high-gain, that stuff can ring through and really mess up your takes.
2018 CS3 - Berylliums *IN THE OVEN*
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s
2017 A6H - Lithiums

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Treadplatedual wrote:I have fretwraps on all my guitars, but it's not to dampen the strings while playing solos (honestly, just get better at muting the ones you're not playing lol, that's just sloppy), it's to get rid of the sympathetic resonance in behind the nut and between the bridge and the stopbar/body - if you're recording, especially high-gain, that stuff can ring through and really mess up your takes.

Have you seen or tried Jimmy Clips?

Treadplatedual
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Treadplatedual » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:11 pm

spudmunkey wrote:
Treadplatedual wrote:I have fretwraps on all my guitars, but it's not to dampen the strings while playing solos (honestly, just get better at muting the ones you're not playing lol, that's just sloppy), it's to get rid of the sympathetic resonance in behind the nut and between the bridge and the stopbar/body - if you're recording, especially high-gain, that stuff can ring through and really mess up your takes.

Have you seen or tried Jimmy Clips?

Hah! Forgot I had those, yes indeed! I haven't used one in a bit, but will definitely be putting it on the new CS3 coming in for recording.
2018 CS3 - Berylliums *IN THE OVEN*
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s
2017 A6H - Lithiums

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:52 pm

For some reason, I was sitting here thinning, "You know...I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a Carvin or Kiesel playing Primus."

So, a few seconds and a YouTube search later, I found this guy, who does pretty good:
https://youtu.be/V_pdLxDRvwY

Return to The Backstage Lounge