R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Re: R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Postby Doctor Turn » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Kellameron wrote:@Doctor Turn: your sentiment and especially your words titilate me..

....Ewwwwww...
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

UnexplodedCow
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:50 am

spudmunkey wrote:He was on anti-anxiety prescription meds. Brain chemistry is a delicate, complicated thing. For example, many anti-depressants can cause suicidal thoughts if not used (by both the doctor and patient) correctly.

The one he was specifically on was known to cause extreme paranoia and suicidal urges if over-dosed. Trying to self-medicate a high anxiety person (possibly with additional personality disorders or histrionics), especially a higher profile rock star, is asking for trouble in my opinion.

The whole "take a pill to feel better," approach is dubious, but I don't know the specifics of his life, so any further judgment other than my own opinion would be presumptuous and in poor taste. It seems, though, many artists grapple with depression and anxiety.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

Kellameron

Postby Kellameron » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Doctor Turn wrote:
Kellameron wrote:@Doctor Turn: your sentiment and especially your words titilate me..

....Ewwwwww...

HEHN. I thought you might like that. Although, it did just.....come.....to mind.

UnexplodedCow wrote:
The whole "take a pill to feel better," approach is dubious...though, many artists grapple with depression and anxiety.

Many do. Diet and lifestyle are the most powerful tools to aid them.

Kellameron

Postby Kellameron » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:21 pm

In the spirit of this thread:

I will say that while I didn't care for what I heard from Soundgarden, in particular Outshined, I understood it. (I've always been picky about and sparing with Blues, for example.) I now have some appreciation for that tune, though different instrument parts during the chorus would make a more interesting experience for me. I got back into singing in the last ten-ish years, and in recent time oftenly sing to myself, so here's an intentful a capella of the first verse and chorus of Outshined:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Unfortunately, his good friend Chester of Linkin Park took his own life on what would have been Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday. :wall:

Return to The Backstage Lounge