Hasta la bye-bye

Off-Topic Discussions. Read the Sticky before posting.

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

GuitFiddle
Carvinite
Carvinite

Hasta la bye-bye

Postby GuitFiddle » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:00 pm

It's time to leave the C/K family after 27 years - it was good while it lasted but it's time to go! Just wanted to say I've enjoyed my (LONG) time on this board with all of youz guyz. There has been a lot of great discussion, lots of great builds, and a great sense of camaraderie here, so thanks to everyone for that. I'll miss the 'no jerks' policy and spirited engagement. See ya on the flip side - carry on!
American guitars
British Amps (mostly)
What more do you need?

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Re: Hasta la bye-bye

Postby wickid » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Wha' hoppum?? :?: :?
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:28 pm

As they say at the end of The Neverending Story, "Don't say 'Goodbye'... Say 'good journey'."

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:53 pm

GuitFiddle wrote:It's time to leave the C/K family after 27 years - it was good while it lasted but it's time to go! Just wanted to say I've enjoyed my (LONG) time on this board with all of youz guyz. There has been a lot of great discussion, lots of great builds, and a great sense of camaraderie here, so thanks to everyone for that. I'll miss the 'no jerks' policy and spirited engagement. See ya on the flip side - carry on!

:? :(
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:41 pm

spudmunkey wrote:As they say at the end of The Neverending Story, "Don't say 'Goodbye'... Say 'good journey'."

I think that was 'Masters of the Universe'.

Dolph Lundren version.
facebook.com/hamfistrocks

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:31 am

This gives me a sad.
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:13 am

Doctor Doug wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:As they say at the end of The Neverending Story, "Don't say 'Goodbye'... Say 'good journey'."

Dolph Lundren version.

Oh my god...you're right...I thought it was the Childlike Empress from Never Ending Story. My whole life is a lie. My entire paradigm has been shifted. :wall:

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:18 am

GuitFiddle wrote:It's time to leave the C/K family after 27 years - it was good while it lasted but it's time to go! Just wanted to say I've enjoyed my (LONG) time on this board with all of youz guyz. There has been a lot of great discussion, lots of great builds, and a great sense of camaraderie here, so thanks to everyone for that. I'll miss the 'no jerks' policy and spirited engagement. See ya on the flip side - carry on!

??
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:40 pm

spudmunkey wrote:
Doctor Doug wrote:

Dolph Lundren version.

Oh my god...you're right...I thought it was the Childlike Empress from Never Ending Story. My whole life is a lie. My entire paradigm has been shifted. :wall:

It's kind of embarrassing to realize that I'm enough of a dork to catch that right away.

Greg Emm
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby Greg Emm » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm

ElfDude wrote:This gives me a sad.

Yeah. Fare thee well, good guy. :rockon:

texastoast
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby texastoast » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:26 pm

How much longer is this forum going to be useful or relevant? Perhaps it is almost time to pull the plug.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:40 am

People are migrating away from these sorts of forums--generally anyhow--towards social media.. obviously FB/IGram/etc groups devoted to the brands and axe styles they love and play.

I daresay most new folks who come around these days are popping in to ask a question about a new build or customer service on an existing item, rather than just yuk it up about gear generally, and they tend to vanish once the built guitar is shipped and photos are shared. I also would imagine that most of us regulars who come for the ongoing Gear Convo are coming for either sentimental reasons about the brand, and a group of board friends and acquaintances that's nice to return to.

I keep waiting for FB to go the way of MySpace, and the next big thing in social media to take hold. . . which was the way it always used to be. I wish it would happen. Despite the fact that the kids think FB is Goofball Central and they wouldn't be caught dead posting on it, the entrenchment across the globe --even in third world countries-- and its use to spread nonsense and political sewage in those places is totally nauseating. If it disappeared tomorrow the world would be a better frickin place. My nephew who works for Google got hired away by FB, and he literally worked there for a week, and went back to Google after they conveniently offered him a big fat resigning bonus to return... just before he was going to go and ask for his old job back! :lol: He said FB and the whole atmosphere was a little creepy.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:16 am

I give it 3 or 4 years ... GuitFiddle will be back again asking about the DC127. :lol:
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Doctor Turn wrote:People are migrating away from these sorts of forums--generally anyhow--towards social media.. obviously FB/IGram/etc groups devoted to the brands and axe styles they love and play.

I daresay most new folks who come around these days are popping in to ask a question about a new build or customer service on an existing item, rather than just yuk it up about gear generally, and they tend to vanish once the built guitar is shipped and photos are shared. I also would imagine that most of us regulars who come for the ongoing Gear Convo are coming for either sentimental reasons about the brand, and a group of board friends and acquaintances that's nice to return to.

I keep waiting for FB to go the way of MySpace, and the next big thing in social media to take hold. . . which was the way it always used to be. I wish it would happen. Despite the fact that the kids think FB is Goofball Central and they wouldn't be caught dead posting on it, the entrenchment across the globe --even in third world countries-- and its use to spread nonsense and political sewage in those places is totally nauseating. If it disappeared tomorrow the world would be a better frickin place. My nephew who works for Google got hired away by FB, and he literally worked there for a week, and went back to Google after they conveniently offered him a big fat resigning bonus to return... just before he was going to go and ask for his old job back! :lol: He said FB and the whole atmosphere was a little creepy.

On the FB they say we are fanboys over here, but they drool twice as hard as we all do combined. Plus, they continually ask the questions we've answered here, and spend time collectively hunting for correct replies. So, they want fanboy input, not fanboy positiveness? :)

2Plus2isChicken
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby 2Plus2isChicken » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:37 pm

I don't want to leave this forum, but I don't post as much anymore. The new direction the company has gone since the split just doesn't appeal to me at all, and with the audio company no longer producing amps and Kiesel discontinuing so many models and even certain features like Floyds on 7-strings (which would possibly cause me to buy one) it just isn't the same.
Guitars:
2x Carvin Bolt
DC145
AE185
Ibanez RG1570 and Mikro
2x Fender MIM Strat
Ovation Celebrity
PRS SE Custom 24

Amps:
V3M
Legacy 3
VT16
Quilter 101 Mini Head
Peavey JSX Head
Fender Super Champ XD
Carvin Vintage 1 x 12 cab
Carvin Legacy II 2 x 12 cab

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby gumbynotpokey » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:44 pm

2Plus2isChicken wrote:I don't want to leave this forum, but I don't post as much anymore. The new direction the company has gone since the split just doesn't appeal to me at all, and with the audio company no longer producing amps and Kiesel discontinuing so many models and even certain features like Floyds on 7-strings (which would possibly cause me to buy one) it just isn't the same.

love this forum and the regulars.... always have

dbone
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby dbone » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Best of luck Guitfiddle, you can allways pop back in if you are feeling nostalgic.
Until then happy trails.
dbones Lefties
SH550 M22SD M22N
DC150 M22T/M22V, DC150 M22SD/M22N
DC400A, K12B/K12N, DC600 M22SD/M22V, DC800 A80B/A80N
AE185 C22T/C22N/Piezo, AE185-12 H22T/H22N/Piezo
CT7M KL14B/KL14N, Bolt C22T/AP11/AP11, AC375, CL450, AC275K, SB5000 J99A pups

ElfDude

Postby ElfDude » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:57 pm

gumbynotpokey wrote:
2Plus2isChicken wrote:I don't want to leave this forum, but I don't post as much anymore. The new direction the company has gone since the split just doesn't appeal to me at all, and with the audio company no longer producing amps and Kiesel discontinuing so many models and even certain features like Floyds on 7-strings (which would possibly cause me to buy one) it just isn't the same.

Me too
Aries A6H, CS6M, SH445, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, SH225, LB76F, Nomad, VT16 Head, V410, Pro Bass 100
Midlife Crisis on Facebook
The Tri-Chevys on Facebook

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Doug » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:29 pm

ElfDude wrote:
gumbynotpokey wrote:

Me too

Ditto.

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Sad to see another go.

Yes, forums are the "old way" of doing things online, newsgroups even moreso. Nevertheless, they're usually ripe with knowledge and older experiences that aren't duplicated today. I've noticed less and less people here, though, which is making it look a tad anemic, and more echo-chamberish than previously.

I also *totally* agree about FB; it's neat to see some of the classifies (that's relatively new in the grand scheme of things), and keep in touch with maybe 1/10th of my "friends" on there. Otherwise, it seems to be very much a springboard of political and otherwise irate statements, or the polarizing "I just had this food" Twitter-like up-to-the-second post about "life."

I'll keep hanging out here until someone gives me the boot. But sorry to see you go, Guitfiddle. I hope it wasn't based on your most recent build, because you seemed to be happy about it compared to previous ones.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

Return to The Backstage Lounge