Kiesel Similar to Status Streamline

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Texas64

Kiesel Similar to Status Streamline

Postby Texas64 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:16 pm

I have become a total convert to headless instruments now owning several Kiesel guitars and basses.
However, my still go to bass for live is a Status Streamline 4. I also play keyboards and midi pedals, and the Status is just so perfect for this - not having to navigate around that top horn. Anyone else out there interested in a small body Kiesel build?
The Status has a monster tone - I wonder how the all graphite build would compare to wood. I don't particularly care for the feel of the graphite neck - the maple/maple necks on my Kiesels are just butter.
I doubt there is much interest - but you rarely see the Streamlines on Ebay or Reverb, and when you do they don't last long and always sell. So a few fans of such a design out there, at least.

Bass Viking
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Kiesel Similar to Status Streamline

Postby Bass Viking » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:03 am

There's a used Status Streamline for sale in a local shop. It's been there for a few months, surprised it hasn't sold yet as they're rare. I played it and wasn't all that impressed with the tone. Maybe it just needed new strings?

Texas64

Postby Texas64 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Possibly strings. I found the roundwounds that came on it way too bright. Also, I ordered with a single active large humbucker. I don't care much for bass bridge pickups.
It is a little midrangy EQed flat for my personal taste, but the ergononomics more that make up for that factor. I love the Aguilar OBP-1 preamp which I have in two basses, and might one day replace the Status stock active board.

Bass Viking
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Bass Viking » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:29 pm

When selling a bass I will often install new strings. Some might consider it a waste of money but I believe it helps sell the instrument. Dull dead strings are a turnoff!

HarlowTheFish
Carvinite
Carvinite

Postby HarlowTheFish » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:41 pm

if you don't wanna deal with the top horn, the Zeus might be up your alley - singlecut headless, available in 4, 5, 6, and multiscale versions of all of the above. Otherwise, the Vader has one but it's pretty small, and the Osiris has probably the most "normal" one.

Texas64

Postby Texas64 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:33 pm

Really like the Zues, but prefer the "strap at the 12th fret" thing.

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses