Official Bass GAS Thread '16

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Official Bass GAS Thread '16

Postby Toptube » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:34 am

Toptube wrote:Only presidents day promo is half off redwood tops. So I didn't push through a purchase. But I will be emailing Keith tonight, to get a rolling quote going on a Vader idea. Here are the starting specs, to be tweaked as the week goes on:

VADER 4

Alder body wing
Walnut neck
Mahogany top
Light blue solid paint for the top
Black back and sides
ALL GLOSS
zebrawood fretboard
Evo gold vintage size frets

I think those specs are pretty much decided on. I may chamber it.

The big question mark is what to do about pickups. I know that I like the Radiused singles. So that would be a safe bet.
But I have some ideas!!...???

I think I'm going to stick with this spec. Radiused Single coils/P2 shaped pickups. I have all 4 previous models of radiused pickups to try in the bass. and I'm interested in the forthcoming Sidewinder version of Nordstrand's new Big Blade pickups. Which I would order in P2.

And I want it to be returnable, since I've never played a Vader. I thought about doing dual music man style humbuckers or an P bass style SCP + music man humbucker. But, both those are probably non-returnable and I already have a bunch of P2 shape pickups!

gonna call Nordstrand later today and ask about ETA on a final version of the Sidewinder Big Blade. Then, tell Keith to put this Vader order into the oven.

Toptube
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: Official Bass GAS Thread '16

Postby Toptube » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:55 am

Alright, Vader is ordered.

Nordstrand didnt answer their phone, so I sent an email about the Big Blade in sidewinder humbucking version.

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses