More/better bass soundclips coming

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

MikeBass
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

More/better bass soundclips coming

Postby MikeBass » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Recently picked up an Apogee Jam interface to do some bare-bones recording, seems to work nicely with GarageBand on my phone. Should've got one of these a long time ago, very easy to use. Just using it for direct-in recording but the sound quality is great (much better than my phone's camera/mic propped up in front of my amp :wink: )

What I'm thinking of doing is a collection of direct comparison clips: pickup X in position X on a bolt-on versus neck-thru (or just on a walnut bass with versus without a top), pickup versus pickup, you name it. Not to mention the standard sound clips and tunes - adding some of GarageBand's drum/backing tracks would be good for demonstrating how something sounds in the mix versus solo.

Should be a very productive time, and of course requests/questions are welcome. Maybe I'll make up a spec list of my basses so people can pick and choose a comparison or clip that they'd like to hear.

:rockon:
Kiesel basses, lots of pedals, nothing wrong

Bob C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: More/better bass soundclips coming

Postby Bob C » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:05 am

Looking forward to hearing some clips! Bass in the mix vs solo is very beneficial.

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses