SPN and SPB "soapbar" bass pickups

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Ron D

SPN and SPB "soapbar" bass pickups

Postby Ron D » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Hello

Does anyone have any experience with these pickups and can they be ordered on the JB4 and JB5? They look like they have a very wide tonal range, yet I hardly ever hear anything about them. Thx!

MikeBass
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: SPN and SPB "soapbar" bass pickups

Postby MikeBass » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Most tone reviews of the Soapbars describe them as having a modern, “hi-fi” sound. If you call in your order, you should be able to get the Soapbars on the JB model, though it will probably be an upcharge for custom pickups. The JB is a great and very comfortable bass though
Kiesel basses, lots of pedals, nothing wrong

Ron D

Postby Ron D » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks Mike. They do show them here on their pickups page https://www.kieselguitars.com/pickups/ but the SPNs and SPBs are not listed as options on their "build a bass" page for JB4s,

MikeBass
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby MikeBass » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Ron D wrote:Thanks Mike. They do show them here on their pickups page https://www.kieselguitars.com/pickups/ but the SPNs and SPBs are not listed as options on their "build a bass" page for JB4s,

In recent years, Kiesel has granted bassists A LOT more flexibility with pickups. If you’re willing to pay an upcharge, you can get just about any pickup on any model. I think a JB would look awesome with Soapbars!
Kiesel basses, lots of pedals, nothing wrong

Ron D

Postby Ron D » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:35 am

Yeah I think so. I really like the sound of active pickups on basses like the Ibanez SR700. It uses Bartolini MK1-4 for pickups and I loved playing the SR700 at Guitar Center. I have several Fender Jazz basses already with single coil pickups, if I want a traditional jazz bass sound. I would want a different sounding bass when I buy a Kiesel, and yes, I am very impressed by the quality and options on these basses. My next bass will likely be a customized JB4 from Kiesel. I live in Orange County so it would be an easy trip to their factory in Escondido. The SPN and SPB pickups may have a sound close to those Bartoliiis that I like so much on the Ibaneaz.

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses