RNC option??

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Tasty Funk Shakes

RNC option??

Postby Tasty Funk Shakes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:47 am

I'm loving the look of the RNC option (Rear No Color) for an Osiris bass. See the Red 6 string Osiris bass on the ordering page to see what I'm talking about.

However, I don't see any way to make the RNC option become available. If you ordered something with RNC, what did you do to get it and how much did it cost? I don't want anything fancy like a flamed top, I just like the color contrast with something like red or purple with the clear wood on the back.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: RNC option??

Postby spudmunkey » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:01 am

On many models, it's not in the online builder for some reason. Also on some models, you have to get a top so that they have a sharp straight line to tape along.

arahobob
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite

Re: RNC option??

Postby arahobob » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Tasty Funk Shakes wrote:I'm loving the look of the RNC option (Rear No Color) for an Osiris bass. See the Red 6 string Osiris bass on the ordering page to see what I'm talking about.

However, I don't see any way to make the RNC option become available. If you ordered something with RNC, what did you do to get it and how much did it cost? I don't want anything fancy like a flamed top, I just like the color contrast with something like red or purple with the clear wood on the back.

A long standing omitted "mystery " option.
Whats it called?
How much?
Do I need a top wood?

I imagine they'll consider adding it to the builder sometime in the next 10 - 15 years. Or not.
Current Carvins:
2010 Bolt (Candy Red Metallic)
2013 Bolt Plus (Koa)
2016 Black n Blue VSEVEN
2017 TT SCB6

Wish List
Some sort of multiscale 6 HSS with RAD ASH
JB Numbers Guitar (July sale has given me the itch!)

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses