Custom necks

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Chuckenj

Custom necks

Postby Chuckenj » Sat May 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Is it possible to special order a completely custom neck? I'd love to get the exact same neck dimensions I have in my Lightwave maple/mahogany 5 piece fretless bolt-on neck put into a flame maple/purple heart, 5 piece, fretted, neck-through bass. It's a nice narrow, thin, flat neck with an ebony board that I love, but I want magnetic pickups and frets for my main bass. How much would the upcharge be?

gumbynotpokey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Custom necks

Postby gumbynotpokey » Sat May 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Chuckenj wrote:Is it possible to special order a completely custom neck? I'd love to get the exact same neck dimensions I have in my Lightwave maple/mahogany 5 piece fretless bolt-on neck put into a flame maple/purple heart, 5 piece, fretted, neck-through bass. It's a nice narrow, thin, flat neck with an ebony board that I love, but I want magnetic pickups and frets for my main bass. How much would the upcharge be?

their machines require programming....new carves are new programming....some have paid the fee for programming certain requests - plus the price of the item itself

a custom neck carve? doubtful they would do it at any price - unless they would sell over 20 a year of that choice

guessing the fee? not me.

"Call with credit card in hand", as they say
Wife: C350, Claro top SH550, Vintage 16
Oldest: DC400M greenburst, C980TMW
Youngest: C750, GK1, CT624M Deep Black Cherry on flame, V3MC Celestion,
SH550 white/white, black binding, gold hardware
Me: LB70P jet black, LB70PF Claro BEM HAN, MB 10

Chuckenj

Postby Chuckenj » Sat May 19, 2018 11:51 pm

Hmm, seems like the only one that's even close to an ibanez sr which is my other bass is the Brian bromberg. I really want a 38mm/1.5" but width

SEANZILLA
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SEANZILLA » Mon May 21, 2018 8:04 am

I have several Carvins (no Kiesels yet) and one of which is a Bromberg. They are all great, but the B24 neck is spectacular in comparison. I also have an old Ibanez Sr400. I use it to hold an old door open.
Carvin B24S, LB-20, AC-40, SB5000, BK40 fretless. Schecter Diamond 8-string, Kramer ST-7000
Carvin BX-700 w/2 BRX10.4 NEO cabs
Boss GT-10B

Check out my band Therium here: https://www.reverbnation.com/therium1

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon May 21, 2018 9:15 am

I never realized the Bromberg had a narrower-than-others neck until last week. Interesting...I know I like wider-necked guitars, and the best 5-stringer I've ever played has SUPER wide string spacing, but I haven't played enough basses to know if I prefer 4-string necks that narrow or not. :think:

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses