Brian Bromberg's new CD dropping next Friday, finally!

USA Custom Shop Acoustic and Electric Bass Guitars

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Brian Bromberg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brian Bromberg's new CD dropping next Friday, finally!

Postby Brian Bromberg » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:49 am

Hey guys, my new CD "Thicker Than Water" drops next Friday, a week from today! The B2 basses are the star of the CD for sure, they sound fantastic, right in your face! I used B24 and B25 fretted, fretless, and piccolo basses. All in all I think I used at least 6 different versions of the B2 basses, all stock from the factory. Some with the J99's and some with the newer radium pick-ups. They sound different and work for different songs and different roles in the music. Both are great. Please go to http://www.brianbromberg.net to listen to some clips of the whole CD and to check out the basses. Hope you enjoy!.......B2

Praiser
Carvinite
Carvinite

Re: Brian Bromberg's new CD dropping next Friday, finally!

Postby Praiser » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:35 am

Congrats on the new release, Brian!
Though I haven't spent a lot of time in this genre, I found myself getting drawn into each track. Really great stuff!
Did you use an upright on some of those cuts? If not, please share how you are getting that tone.

I encourage all of you to give this a listen. If you appreciate good music, you'll find it to be time well spent.

Gumby, you in particular need to check it out!!

Thanks for sharing, Brian and major congrats again!
John

LB75AP, LB70P, X54F, BK50, BK50F, BK40, C780
PB100, PB200 (With BX500 head and 1x15 ext Cab)
XP1000L, LM153s, LS1801A
Rogue Fretless, Ibanez ABG, Dobro Bass
Peavey Fury P Bass

Brian Bromberg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Brian Bromberg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:24 am

Thanks Praiser, yes I used upright bass on a couple songs, including an unaccompanied solo intro on a song that I wrote for my mom who passed before I started recording the CD. Of all the CD's I have done in my career which is 20 something a this point I don't think I have ever done one where the electric bass was as front and center as it is on "Thicker Than Water." This CD will definitely give you an idea of what the B2 Basses sound like as the bass sound on this CD is quite in your face! Can't wait for release day!

Wanderingbass

Postby Wanderingbass » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:50 am

Gave the new album a listen this morning - no surprises here, simply another collection of bass mastery highlighted in catchy smooth compositions. Amazing technique, without ever sounding forced...which reminds me I need to get back to practice now :)

The albums Compared to That and Plays Hendrix are still my favorites, but this one definitely has me thinking of some improvements I can make to my playing. Thanks for always providing inspiration.

All my Kiesels have the radium humbuckers - I have a B25 on order with the single coils coming up soon, and thinking of getting another with the J99. I’ll keep an eye on your tour schedule.

Return to Kiesel Basses / Carvin Basses