Kiesel Piezo Instructions

General Technical Discussion

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Treadplatedual
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kiesel Piezo Instructions

Postby Treadplatedual » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:05 am

Anyone have an idea where I might find instructions on exactly how to use the piezo system on my new beast (I haven't gotten it yet, it's on the truck though!)

I know there's a mini-switch and 2 outputs and blend knob, but I'm not sure exactly what all that does.
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s
2017 A6H - Lithiums

2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio - 490R & 498T

1970s Westone MIJ Test-mule

Pod HD500x
Eleven Rack
Boss Katana (For the funzies)

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Kiesel Piezo Instructions

Postby spudmunkey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:34 pm

The first and most important thing to note: One of the jacks will blend both of the signals together, so you can have just one cable to one amp if you want. This isn't ideal tone-wise because the piezo/acoustic signal sounds best through something that doesn't have an electric guitar amp's preamp. If you have a way to plug in to an acoustic amp or a PA, you can plug in a second cable, and that will split off the acoustic signal to that 2nd amp, leaving the first cord to only carry the magnetic pickup signal.

I don't *believe* it's a blend knob...I think it's just the "acoustic" volume, but if you have the mini switch set in the middle, that should be the combined signal, and you can roll in acoustic tones along with the magnetic pickup tones. I might be wrong on that as I haven't used their new (one switch one knob) piezo system.

Treadplatedual
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Treadplatedual » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 pm

spudmunkey wrote:The first and most important thing to note: One of the jacks will blend both of the signals together, so you can have just one cable to one amp if you want. This isn't ideal tone-wise because the piezo/acoustic signal sounds best through something that doesn't have an electric guitar amp's preamp. If you have a way to plug in to an acoustic amp or a PA, you can plug in a second cable, and that will split off the acoustic signal to that 2nd amp, leaving the first cord to only carry the magnetic pickup signal.

I don't *believe* it's a blend knob...I think it's just the "acoustic" volume, but if you have the mini switch set in the middle, that should be the combined signal, and you can roll in acoustic tones along with the magnetic pickup tones. I might be wrong on that as I haven't used their new (one switch one knob) piezo system.

That's exactly it, thanks spud!
2017 SH6 - Piezo/S22s
2017 A6H - Lithiums

2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio - 490R & 498T

1970s Westone MIJ Test-mule

Pod HD500x
Eleven Rack
Boss Katana (For the funzies)

Jack'O'Licious
Links/Contact:

Postby Jack'O'Licious » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:25 am

Great!

I just ordered an Aries 7 with the Piezo and this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys.
2017 DCM8
2016 A7H

Return to Tech Talk