Pick up comparisons

General Technical Discussion

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Stevie F

Pick up comparisons

Postby Stevie F » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:49 am

Hi what pickups are similar if any to the k12 lithiams? I am ready now to order and unsure K12 or holdsworths I play British rock bad company, page, whitesnake, style tones only as an example (as I play and write rock ballads) so can anyone advice on the 2 pickups, if not I can supply my own thank you in advance Stevie

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Pick up comparisons

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 am

It may be worth your wait for just a little bit longer. Just yesterday they released their new Beryllium pickups. A demo video from Kiesel is coming soon. The word is that they are more of a "classic" tone, while the Lithium are more "modern". I haven't played the Holdsworth, and haven't seen enough demo video to be able to identify and describe their tone.

Just a week ago I wouldn't have mentioned the Berylliums, because they seem to have been on the horizon for a very long time... But you can actually call in and order now, and they said they are actually in production on the demo video, and should be released before or around NAMM.

Doctor Doug
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby Doctor Doug » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Stevie F wrote:Hi what pickups are similar if any to the k12 lithiams? I am ready now to order and unsure K12 or holdsworths I play British rock bad company, page, whitesnake, style tones only as an example (as I play and write rock ballads) so can anyone advice on the 2 pickups, if not I can supply my own thank you in advance Stevie

I would suggest M22's for sure. If they can still be ordered....I don't know if they ran out yet. But they work really well for that classic 70's/80's heavy rock/metal sound.....At least in my experience.

Stevie F

Postby Stevie F » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:18 am

spudmunkey wrote:It may be worth your wait for just a little bit longer. Just yesterday they released their new Beryllium pickups. A demo video from Kiesel is coming soon. The word is that they are more of a "classic" tone, while the Lithium are more "modern". I haven't played the Holdsworth, and haven't seen enough demo video to be able to identify and describe their tone.

Just a week ago I wouldn't have mentioned the Berylliums, because they seem to have been on the horizon for a very long time... But you can actually call in and order now, and they said they are actually in production on the demo video, and should be released before or around NAMM.

oh wow Thank you Spud, that sounds brilliant i look forward to the video if they are more of a classic tone they will be a winner, might now even consider a Vader. let me know when the videos released cheers

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:58 am

I second the vote for the M22'S. Best pickup in their line, if any are still left.
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35 am

Doctor Turn wrote:I second the vote for the M22'S. Best pickup in their line, if any are still left.

+1 ... Especially the unsung M22T. 8)
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

Return to Tech Talk