Fishman Fluence installation query

General Technical Discussion

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

dvdmz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fishman Fluence installation query

Postby dvdmz » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:43 pm

I've been looking into getting the Tosin Abasi pickup set for my SCB6. But I've noticed that the mounting screw placement is different on the Lithiums (2 screws bass side, 1 treble) than the Fluence pickups are set up for (1 screw each side).

I was curious if anyone has done this change on their own guitars, and had any tips. I asked a while back on the facebook group, but oh what a friendly and helpful group that is. :roll:

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Re: Fishman Fluence installation query

Postby spudmunkey » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:18 pm

That shouldn't be a problem...if the screw doesn't have enough wood between the standard dual screw holes to hold on, you can fill those in with toothpicks and wood glue. Those screws aren't exactly load-bearing/structural screws, so you'd have to purposefully do a poor job of the fix to make it not work.

As long as the pickups fit the standard routes, you should be OK. Just make sure to NEVER blindly use the screws that come with pickups...they are quite often too long, and it's easy to drive a screw right through the back of the body. I would also recommend using a hand screw driver rather than a powered one, anyway. Not that it would solve the issue, but it's easier to go slow and stop immediately within a fraction of a turn which isn't as easy with power tools!

Return to Tech Talk