what kind of electronics on Kiesel guitars

General Technical Discussion

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

BJones143

what kind of electronics on Kiesel guitars

Postby BJones143 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:25 pm

I was wondering what kind of electronics like pots,switches,caps and jacks are on a Kiesel guitar...i got all the information i need except for that...which was steller i just can't find any information on electronics...any help would be awesome

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Re: what kind of electronics on Kiesel guitars

Postby UnexplodedCow » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:40 am

They use the same pots/jacks as they did under the Carvin name. Panel jacks are identical to what Ibanez uses. I'm unsure of the regular jack supplier, but they are not switchcraft, and also work just fine. I've only had to replace a panel jack on my 135, which seems to be more common than with a normal output jack.

Pots are unbranded and "dime" sized, with smaller brass shafts. Again, I have never had an issue with them over the years, and found them to be just fine; very smooth turning, and snug. Once they wear in, though, they are set for a very long time.

Capacitors are fairly generic yellow film types, and all that I've encountered have been tight tolerance. They sound fine. I believe they may still be using 60/40 solder, though I could easily be wrong.

Not sure of the switch brand (unbranded, again), but they, too, have never given me a problem, including the mini switches.

I have no clue who their supplier is, but the parts work; I have no complains.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

spudmunkey
Elite Carvinite
Elite Carvinite

Postby spudmunkey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:55 am

I thought I saw someone mention Alpha or Bourns pots, but I don't know if it was in reference to what they use, or what this person changed to. :think:

UnexplodedCow
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite

Postby UnexplodedCow » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:45 am

I don't think they're either, though they are built similarly to Bourns.

As for replacements, I've used Alpha, CTS, or Bourns, and they have all been fine. The bottom line is that the stock electronics are not junk.
We are entitled to our own, wrong, opinions.

Guitar theorem: G=X+1 where G= guitars one needs, and X = guitars one has.

Do or do not; there is no understand.

BJones143

Postby BJones143 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:33 pm

That's all i wanted to know guys thanks...i just don't want a embarrassing experience on stage one day you know wat I'm saying? Lol and plus I'm a switchcraft and cts whore lol...comes from my 2000 american standard Strat(my first guitar)

Return to Tech Talk