KOA Club

Threads by Owners of Specific Kiesel Guitars / Carvin Guitars Instruments

Moderators: Kevio, ElfDude, JesseM, RockCrue, soundchick, ChrisH, peb, Mike Jones, Bundy

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Re: KOA Club

Postby Doctor Turn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Doctor Turn wrote:All my posts of my beloved got wiped away due to photoblecket..

Speaking of... has photoblecket come to their senses? I just noticed my old stuff is being hosted again..
(old trem)
Carvin Weaponry:
1985 DC150K (koa) Stereo, M22N/M22SD w/black hardware.
1985 100 Watt X Amp 2 x 12 combo (XV212) upgraded w/ 2 Vintage 30's
...and other gear.

https://soundcloud.com/the_heavy_clouds

wickid
Gold Carvinite
Gold Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby wickid » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:04 am

Doctor Turn wrote:
Doctor Turn wrote:All my posts of my beloved got wiped away due to photoblecket..

Speaking of... has photoblecket come to their senses? I just noticed my old stuff is being hosted again..
(old trem)

Good for you.
Too late for those jokers for me - I got my own domain, it aint too expensive, and I wont go back. :evil:
I'm not going thru that again.
Proud Carvin owner since 1985! My Carvin gear time capsule...

Dont miss the purple CT6!
(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:06 pm

I'll likely not be hosting any of my photos there-- god knows they could revert back to the crazy price-tag insanity at any moment.
Carvin Weaponry:
...and other gear.

CapinCripes

Postby CapinCripes » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Doctor Turn wrote:Oh my... Oh MYYY... good thing I'm not a pointy guy. He changed out the pups but that's easily rectified

Give me this stripey old old luminescent stuff over the flamey squishy bacon every time. This stuff is the tip top summit of Mount Tonewood. (and no less beautiful and much more chatoyant)

Hey I own that one now. Image Image
It is a bit of an interesting piece in several ways. The kahler is blocked by a piece of wood so that its always level and cannot be pulled up but it can still dive. The pickups that are in it are a DDJ (a duncan distortion wound by MJ in the duncan custom shop) in the bridge and a 4 conductor 59 in the neck. It sounds amazing. this guitar made the duncan distortion my favorite bridge pickup. the mini switches are coil splits as you would expect but the lowest knob, where you would expect a tone knob is actually a spin a split knob that splits both pickups when its below half way. weird and a bit redundant but interesting nonetheless. Its by far my favorite guitar in my stable now.

Doctor Turn
Platinum Carvinite
Platinum Carvinite
Links/Contact:

Postby Doctor Turn » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 am

Interesting, thanks for that update-- just a head's up, if you want to improve upon that Kahler you can buy the new updated version of the 2300 Professional Series, here

6 String flat mount 2300's.

If you look at the two different pics of my 85 150 above, which shares a LOT of DNA with your guitar, you can see that the bridge is different between the two pics. The one where it's tipped upwards, you can see that the bridge is a little more rounded around the back, and is the new incarnation of the bridge. The older shot where the axe fills up the entire frame, that's the same 80's bridge as on your guitar, just with black hardware.

With the new one, you can plop it right into the old screw holes w no mod, and it locks down into a true hardtail (I've said it a bajillion times on this forum, but anyone I come across someone who has an old Kahler Pro, I mention it to because it's so awesome). Aside from more flexibility on saddle materials, and ERG bridges, the greatest advantage of these is the fact that they're now called "Hybrid" bridges, in that you can turn your guitar into a legit hardtail if you prefer--just a turn of a little grubscrew. It's an awesome convenience for a floater, especially built into it right out of the box.

They're expensive, but reallllly worth it. My 150 is still my #1, and being able to lock it down like that was a dream come true.
Carvin Weaponry:
...and other gear.

Return to Guitar & Bass Clubs